Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:11 PM   #11

And the specs do say it is a 3MPix sensor.
AVspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 5:02 AM   #12

hmm...i do not understand. Is it not better to have a 8 megapixal then 6!? So it must be good to pay low and to get more pixel. I thought more pixel is better. The Sensor seems the same like the 6 megapixel. So can somebody explain it to me?
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:46 AM   #13

keeping simple

1 zoom-dv6 is supposed to be a 3 meg cmos @6 meg interpolated at the Amazon.com site as well as the aiptek site in England.

2. Walgreens.com states its a zoom-dv6 3 meg cmos @8 meg interpolation.

What is being said is one stie has the info correct, and wrong.

so we can understand this better its best to get that info off the box, but for me to do that I would have to place an order why? b/c we think thesecameras are in every state , they are not they are at selected walgreens placed all over or online

Calling up walgreens will help save gas , and save a trip. calling or emailing the site will probably get a webpage read back to you giving you the same info that you see. so I say in person or if someoneis willing to order one and tell you?

2 meg more with the same cmos is not good more pixalation or digtal interpolation

2 meg cmos is better with a higher sensor. 3 meg cmos 3 meg step up

5 meg cmos 3 meg step up

3 megs on both would be the same as having a 3 meg or 5 meg

so does it nmatter to have 6 or 8. yes if you're planning to print out abigger picture, but I do not have a 11x17 printeryet.

cropping the bigger fileswould give you crisper 4x6, 5x8 etc.

I like to blow up my pics to 8x10 and post them. so if I can cropp out the unwanted and get a close up I'l go for a higher one

3 megapixals is perfect to start out. any higher is just that.

these are just opinions and based on what I think. what are yours?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:48 AM   #14

It is "interpolated". The real sensor in this camera is only 3 Mpixels. Interpolation is nothing but a lie to try to trick uneducated consumers into thinking that they are getting more than they are. Interpolation does not magically increase the resolution or make your pictures better in any way, it just makes your picture files a lot larger than they need to be and slows the camera down. Interpolating from 3 to 8 Mpixels is a total joke.

In the rest of the world, advertising interpolated "megapixels" is not allowed by agreement and law. That is why when you get a camera from a "real" manufacturer (Sony, Nikon, Samsung, Pentax, Panasonic, Sigma, Leica, Olympus, Fuji, etc." it will show the exact actual number of pixels that are used to form the image and no more; ALL major and minor camera manufactures have agreed to do this except for a few based in China.

jam11 wrote:
Quote:

hmm...i do not understand. Is it not better to have a 8 megapixal then 6!? So it must be good to pay low and to get more pixel. I thought more pixel is better. The Sensor seems the same like the 6 megapixel. So can somebody explain it to me?
brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:51 AM   #15

thanks Branch.............

as wallgreens shows its a 3 meg not a 5 meg cmos. its stil all on topic

excellent write up.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:55 AM   #16

I still want someone to buy one so we can see how it does, ha -Bryan

brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:08 AM   #17

brachiopod schrieb:
Quote:
It is "interpolated". The real sensor in this camera is only 3 Mpixels. Interpolation is nothing but a lie to try to trick uneducated consumers into thinking that they are getting more than they are. Interpolation does not magically increase the resolution or make your pictures better in any way, it just makes your picture files a lot larger than they need to be and slows the camera down. Interpolating from 3 to 8 Mpixels is a total joke.

In the rest of the world, advertising interpolated "megapixels" is not allowed by agreement and law. That is why when you get a camera from a "real" manufacturer (Sony, Nikon, Samsung, Pentax, Panasonic, Sigma, Leica, Olympus, Fuji, etc." it will show the exact actual number of pixels that are used to form the image and no more; ALL major and minor camera manufactures have agreed to do this except for a few based in China.

jam11 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:15 AM   #18

thats what I say .

I tried calling walgreens and I will just hold of

I like to have one why 3x optical, and I should complete my collection.

brachiopod wrote:
Quote:
I still want someone to buy one so we can see how it does, ha -Bryan
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:49 PM   #19

I have to say, that should this appear in Target, I'll wait to see in the next couple of months aftwards if they drop the price as a promotion. If they do, as they have done with other Aipteks, and it's nearer the $100 mark, I may actually get one myself. Having said that, it will be pending favorable reviews that suggest the autofocus makes enough of a difference to the non autofocus models in the clarity and/or sharpness of the video.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:04 PM   #20

it seems Aiptek.com corrected their site and renamed the aiptek zoom-dv6 to aiptek zoom-dv

and they enhanced to 8 megs. RGVcam you mentioned awhile ago you talked to aipte, andI bet this is their fix. I wonder if the firmware will be 2700-3000.

now that walgreens in my location does not have I'll also wait for target' and 149.00 would be Fair.