Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:06 AM   #1

http://www.freewebs.com/aiptekzoomdv6/

Under construction

Product Features

• Digital Video Stabilization, Red Eye Reduction, and built in SD Card slot (SD card not included) [/*]
  • 3X Optical Zoom, 4X Digital Zoom [/*]
  • 6 -in-1 Multi-Function Design-Digital Still Camera,Digital Camcorder,MP3 Player,Pc Camera, Digital Voice Recorder, and Removable Hard Disk [/*]
  • Max resolution up to 6 Mega-Pixel;Built in 3 Mega-Pixel CMOS sensor with still image resolution enhancement [/*]
  • High Compression MPEG-4 (Super VHS quality/VGA resolution)for Video Recording with NTSC/PAL AV Output [/*]
[/b]
Product Description

Product Description
Aiptek's Zoom DV Digital Camera/Camcorder is the first miniature DV with a 3x optical auto focus zoom lens built in. The Zoom DV 's optical zoom is great for getting better close up and landscape video. Record videos at 30 frames per second in MPEG-4 Super VHS quality (640x480 VGA resolution) with image stabilization and sound and take pictures at up to 6 Mega-Pixels resolution. The ZoomDV also comes with two high power LED's for night view video recording. On top of all this, it's an MP3 player; voice recorder; and web cam. This product comes with 16mb of internal memory and has a built-in SD card slot that can hold up to 2GB (Card not included). It ships with a built-in lithium battery and charger, usb cable, av output cable, camera bag, and ear bud headphones. Also includes Camera Manager, Muvee AutoProducer, ArcSoft Photo Impression, ArcSoft Media Card Companion, and ArcSoft Media Converter software. Requires Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000 /XP;Direct X8.0 or above, 128MB of Ram, 64MB Video Card, 4x Cd-Rom.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:06 AM   #2

pro's
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:06 AM   #3

Cons
Old Jun 3, 2006, 1:44 PM   #4

dear forum members, have been reading about hybrids on this forum (and all over the web) for about 2 months now since having an argument with my girlfriend about whether or not existed a device that takes pictures and allows you to use as an mp3 player..looks like i won the argument:blah:

ANyhow, was thinking of purchasing the AIPTEK 8900 being sold in europe right now (about 260 USD after conversion) but still confused about some details.

1) looks like all the aipteks are now sold with lithium battery packs (too bad cause i like better the idea of normal rechargable AAs) but what i cannot figure out is if the battery charges INSIDE the camera or if one must remove it and put in a seperate charger??

2) do the cameras ever come with cigarette lighter adapter type chargers?
3) had read that one guy bought the MPVR and it did NOT recharge with his USB hookup and that it didnt come with any AC wall outlet charger??

Im in Mexico so Id like to order my camera with the extra 1 or 2 gig memory chip AND the chargers AND an extra battery so that i only have to worry about getting all the shit down here ONCE:?. Have seen that lots of stores give nice "packages" of options but usually with a card reader included which I dont think id ever need as ill always hook my camera up directly to my compu to unload pics and load music etc. Does anyone feel that amazon has better deals than Target or that maybe circuit city gives better package deals??

So i was just about decided to purchase the 10 megapixel extrapolated 8900 camera in europe and have it sent to italy where a friend will hand carry it to mexico when he comes when suddenly i find theres a NEW aiptek with 3x optical zoom being offered on amazon for 199 dollars that they say will be in stock in JULY.

This is the "zoom dv-6 MP with 3x optical" by aiptek. Did a quick search looking for info FROM aiptek onthe camera and dont find it... Since I have read so much here about the lack of optical zoom being a big fault on all previous models and i will be using hte camera ALOT for filming surfing and KITEsurfing where subject is often far away it seems like a good idea maybe towait for this one.

Anyone know if:

1) will accept 2 gig memory card?
2) comes with tripod and remote?
3) if battery is charged within te camera or must be removed?
4) if possible to get a cigarette lighter type charger as well for the car?
5) if this model will come with the extra "mp3 goodies" as the 8900 like equalizer and song tag display??

thanx for any and all info, its a great forum very useful and nice to find intelligent people talking about products without getting into bashing and pimping like we find on so many other forums!

cheers to all from humid Mexico
KYROJOE

kyrojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 2:07 PM   #5

Anyone know if:

1) will accept 2 gig memory card?

answer: yes will accept up to a 2 gig card and if you can afford4 gigs yes.

2) comes with tripod and remote?

Only from aiptek corp homeage other sites not at all.

3) if battery is charged within te camera or must be removed?

ans: battery must be removed placed on external USA charging holder. IS-DV does not have USB port power battery runs camera while plugged in. the MPVr or 6800 8900 will run off Usb port not battery. a plus if loading or webbiing.

4) if possible to get a cigarette lighter type charger as well for the car?

ans: yes any local store sells a 12 volt device but you must modify it like I did in one of my posts. the usb port adaptor can be had on aiptek site and can be modded as well.

5) if this model will come with the extra "mp3 goodies" as the 8900 like equalizer and song tag display??

ans if it does I like to know as well, but no.

1) looks like all the aipteks are now sold with lithium battery packs (too bad cause i like better the idea of normal rechargable AAs) but what i cannot figure out is if the battery charges INSIDE the camera or if one must remove it and put in a seperate charger??

2) do the cameras ever come with cigarette lighter adapter type chargers?
3) had read that one guy bought the MPVR and it did NOT recharge with his USB hookup and that it didnt come with any AC wall outlet charger??

================================================== =======

the Aiptek MPVr is a 6 mega pixal camera not a 10 meg unless stated on aiptek.com of tawain england , usa/ Aiptek has no release date anywhere mentioned if it does Aiptek will be the first to post it up. Amazon is a affiliated with Ebay and cannot be trusted.

they go the pix and I am sure some one is playing with us (lol) may, june july better off waiting for xmax.

Now for zooming a tripod is\needed and harder to capture

good luck and hope to see one soon. you are better off wih a camcorder but 225.00 gets you 32x optical but no mp3
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:40 PM   #6

::drool::

Can't wait to see the review. Here's and auction I found to help speed things up

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aiptek-Zoom-DV-6...QQcmdZViewItem
ObjectAgnosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 10:53 PM   #7

84 shipping no thank you

if in the stores it will be out by the 4th of July

i'll wait and get mine in the store . and what will I do with all my other hybrids? lol

target son to release sell date be paitient 199
Old Jun 4, 2006, 6:02 PM   #8

the cameras hit the overseas first and started at 130.00 with a whopping 70-100.00usc shipping fee. too high.

If theshipping was 10-30 yes I would by.

1 has 2 on ebay 200.00 usc price

2 ebay seller

Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:50 PM   #9

Please note: this is avilable at Walgreens with noise reducing earphones for $179.99 at: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100380&navAction=jump&na vCount=1&id=prod2486022

bacfac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:27 PM   #10

Yes the hybrid is located at Wal-greens.com and selected Walgreens all over , but be careful to read the specs they do not match up with the Zoom-dv6

the Zoom-dv6 is a 6 megapixal , not 8 megapixal then it be called zoom-dv8 ?

so be careful to see it in person.