Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 13, 2006, 4:49 PM   #1

I hope I'm not annoying you guys yet! My birthday is in four days and I'm going to get a camera, finally! MPVR is on the top of my list. My question now is, what does the "classic" photo mode mean? Does it have a sepia effect like old-time pictures or something completely different?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks again. And again. :-)
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2006, 4:56 PM   #2

SORT OF...its SUPPOSED TO BE Sepia toned but comes out lookin more like EXTREME sunny setting. Everything is brownish-orange...well no...some colors stick out for whatever reason. Heres a pic, heh actually its the FIRST pic I ever took with my faulty MPVR, it came with Sepia on for some reason.

Notice the RED EYE, that is practicallyeliminated with the newer model MPVRs.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 5:03 PM   #3

http://www.youtube.com/?v=Wdm8UAgHlbk

Just thought I post up a link Lol this is why we have software to have fun.

1. when you film in special effects if it is normal, classic (saphire) b & w,

Normal will not alter your video or pic at all. you may go to a software and add classic, if you do not like it you change back.

2 if you film in classic (saphire) (old style) you may not like what you filmed, and cannot alter the video. you are stuck with the vid and are forced to reshoot.

you made me look at my mustek hmm I forgot how to get those features lol thanx for the excellent question, and hoe that answered yours.

see the link posted. there is no limit what you can do it has nothing to do with classic but watt software can do for you.

3face beat me to it lol

3face can you make it normal? I think not, but if you fool around hmmm

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:34 PM   #4

Thanks! I see how using software later to edit photos would be a lot easier than being stuck with a photo in a certain mode only. Does the software with the MPVR allow for a lot of nice photo alterations? I really like the cool "pastel painting" affect some software can do!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:01 AM   #5

Supplied software does a nice job I see at the moment and will work ona pic for you later,

has some effects like adding art into it pics of bugs and cartoons, other allows better enhancements and frames etc.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:05 AM   #6

well paybacks fun so I shall do just that

photoimpressions.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:51 AM   #7

LOL. That's very, uhm, interesting. Seriously, thanks for the sample. Looks fun! Can't wait to get my hands on a camera!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:04 AM   #8

the software is photimprressions, and if you read myy review, there should have been some sampling there but due to space, i do not think it is in there , the other softwares are excellent to. just do not exspect it to be a 1,000.00 camera. its a great gadget. I also enjoy using phot delux by adobe but not on Xp.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:18 PM   #9

if I had the time i could have tried my best to minipulate the colour to natural but the kids got redeye when the flash went off

this is picture it 3rd party demo at the expo when i went for the supacam seminar
Old Feb 14, 2006, 4:17 PM   #10

LOL! Looks...yellowish uglyish green. Makes me wanna throw up lol! :G

But nice try :-)

Oh and yea, ifI were to use Nero PhotoSnap software (not included with MPVR)I could easily turn a normal MPVR pic into a GREAT classic photo (and I mean CLASSIC, like 1900 lol) or ...just about ANYTHING. Haven't tried photoimpression for WHATEVER reason...maybe ill try it today....MAYBE.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote