Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:33 PM   #1

Is the Sanyo Xacti VPC-C6 so much better than the Xacti VPC-C5? I know the Xacti VPC-C6 has 6Mp and the Xacti VPC-C5 has 5MP, but is that the only difference? My problem is i really want the C6 is silver, but they only have in gold (they don't have in silver right?)! The C5 looks identical so im wondering if i should just get the C5,which they have in silver, instead? What would you do?
damienbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:51 PM   #2

"Compared to its predecessor, the Xacti C5, the C6 employs a new low-noise, 6-megapixel CCD sensor and uses 9-pixel mixing technology which allows it to record much brighter and clearer video in low-light situations.
Features inherited from the C5 include a swiveling 2-inch trans-reflective color LCD screen, real-time interpolation up to 10.2 megapixels and a precision 5× optical zoom lens that remains internal to the camera body with a fast and accurate 5-point auto focus system. Most instances of camera shake will be eliminated or greatly reduced by the digital image stabilization system. Never again will precious photo opportunities be missed, because the versatile Xacti C6 can take high-resolution digital still images while simultaneously recording motion video. "

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/c6.html

hmmmmm...steves-digicams.com....sounds familiar......

I'd go with the C6...actually I'd go with neither. $599 is just too much for me.:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:19 PM   #3

How about the HD1? It's only $800 and comes in gray, which is sort of like silver:G
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 3:34 PM   #4

im just going to go ahead and buy the C6, which one do u like better the gold, black, or red?
damienbp is offline   Reply With Quote