Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:26 PM   #1

So I recently bought my MPVR, and was sorely disappointed when the videos weren't even really shot in MPEG4, but some knock-off Microsoft ASF garbage (the compression is horrible, even at the high VGA setting). I'm just wondering, are there any Hybrids out there that actually shoot in MPEG4 (as in DivX or Xvid)? Thanks.
MisterNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:16 PM   #2

Digilife DDV-1000 (5 MP CCD), DDV-M1 (5 MP CMOS); Ispan DDV-920(5 MP CCD), DDV-910(5 MP CMOS),DDV-750(3 MP CMOS -Not PMP)

The above models write .AVI files and use DIVX.

The Digilife DDV-V1 and Ispan DDV-810 models are like the MPVR and write .ASF files.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 5:30 PM   #3
NX3

DDV-1000 = xvid
NX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2006, 1:07 AM   #4

hey guys,

just wondering - since the ispan920 records .avi 's then can i just drag avi files from my computer into the correct folder and have them play? that would so awesome - that way i can watch my downloaded shows. =)

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 2:23 AM   #5

aijuswannasing wrote:
Quote:
hey guys,

just wondering - since the ispan920 records .avi 's then can i just drag avi files from my computer into the correct folder and have them play? that would so awesome - that way i can watch my downloaded shows. =)

thats also my big problem.. the thing is we can drag the files to the folder of the camera but if i opened the files that were drag, i cant find it.. but still trying other things coz i also want to show my downloaded movie clips to others using my digicam...
ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 2:24 AM   #6

aijuswannasing wrote:
Quote:
hey guys,

ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:22 PM   #7

Some hybrids allow you? some need codecs back in the camera. so my best bet is to convert the file down to the size why?

640x480 can take a lot of space, and when converted it is taken down to 120x240 (example) and you may add way more hours of fun/
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote