Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:54 PM   #1

I returned my MPVR because I thought it may be defective because of seeing a lighter or darker circle in the middle of photos and the screen occasionally, and because the LED lens was a little shaky. Well my new exchanged camera has a shaky lens, and still has the circle so I guess that's just the nature of the camera and that's okay with me. Here's the HORRIBLE part. My new camera IS terrible! It did a funny looking startup and coloration on its first startup, it wasn't responding to commands by pushing buttons. So Iturned it off and started it againand then things seemed normal. UNTIL I tried to run slideshow on my TV. Then it started playing one photo over and then the next and then the first one again when it wasn't supposed to. But when I played it without being plugged into the TV it played normally. When I close the screen sometimes the camera doesn't automatically shut off.

Now I'm really upset and frustrated (to tearsat this point). I've waited for this camera so long and returned (apparently) a perfectly good one to be left with this hunk of junk.

I need some encouragement/advice. I love the MPVR, but I'm having terrible luck. Target's going to wonder what's going on next time I exchange for the SECOND time.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:49 AM   #2

I sometimes wonder if, when places get defective merchandise back, they try the product and can't find anything wrong with it, they sell it again, or put it on sale. In this sense, they may be anything but surprised to get it back again.

I've had 4 hybrids, and the only one that had significant problems was the one Aiptek I had. Not bad enough to return it, but notable operating issues. None of my three Digilife's have had significant problems. (Yet some of us think the MPVR is made by Digilife.)

The camera is bad, you paid for one that works properly, you have nothing to lose by returning it, and you should not have to go through this.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:48 AM   #3

Go again back to target get your money back and go into a different target.

They Must have had a lott, and all may be deffective

Please return it again claim to them that even though the pkg is in perfect order during the shipment your supplies are defective it was mishandled.

I have purchased my IS-Dv there and yes got a great deal at the beginning returned it due to Pixalation. , then later bought another one all worked out fine till the inner lens fell apart, the girl was interested in talking to her Co-worker while i was interested in a replacement , she handed me cash back, And I lost the low cost price.

I could have pressed issues with my reciept , but would have lost due to her mistakes

the reciept says returns 90 days , does not say returns one time only. go get your new camera try it out again. but not at the same target. then when your new one is all in good working order Email Corperate and demand some satifaction. may recieve a discount if they want to continue your bussiness.

Just another note I bought a car floor jack and was talked into a creditcard for 15.00 savings well the jack handle does not look right, I a returning the next day today. get my Money back and canceling the card. the jack works the handle is bent. just one step above my old one but too hard to work with. I lost sleep over it my mind was racing all night lol, I am going to do a DIY (do it yourself vid ) on my car with the cameras. and like to have started doing so, but weather cold ( i had) parts etc is holding me back lol

SPring is here and its 30 plus degrees Sg I know get the snowboarding in while you have it. I am looking foward to getting the boa in the water . not mine though .brrrrrrrrr

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:09 PM   #4

Thanks for your encouragement. Sorry I posted last night in the midst of my dismay!!! All I want is a perfect-working MPVR that I've waited for so impatiently for months. So I guess I will be exchanging the camera for the second and final time. Third time's a charm, right? Wish me lots of luck, maybe I'll even find the newest one with a webcam.

Thanks for your replies, I feel better now. Sleep helps, too. :-)

Hopefully I'll report backnext time with a great new camera and maybe some samples!
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 1:26 PM   #5

rae......

I also was like you, last nite.

My Mind was racing, I awoke super early , , wel my job gets me up so not bad for an extra hour of sleep lol I answered my replies, on here , there , all over the net, etc. called the store for the hours, and got to Sears 1 minute after opening. the doors were still closed on the roofs pick up but open downstairs, relaxed, went in and said " like a refund please" the reciept said restocking fee. gave a nice polite smile and greated the gurl with open arms, won her over. walked out empty handed, and then canceled my new sears carddue to forcing me in foran instant 15.00 off on an item while it was for future purchases lol

so I can see raerae. walking in steam blowing out the ears andsaying " I want a working camera. giving him the whole inventory to fool aroundwith , but no cutters to open the boxs lol

If the box was ofcardboard raeraee. it would be a breeze to do just that let me try it out Please and get a working one since there is 20% batt life to start them off lol right? good luck and I wantto see you have an output on your return

all good I hope want a happy member............
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote