Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:10 PM   #1

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A CAMERA LIKE THIS FOR A LONG TIME, BUT HAVE BEEN TURNED OFF BY REVIEWS ABOUT LIKE CAMERAS. THIS ONE REALLY SEEMS TO COVER MOST OF THE PROBLEMS I HAVE FOUND IN LIKE CAMERAS, EXPECT READING SOME FEED BACK ABOUT DEAD PIXEL PROBLEMS. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY MORE ABOUT THIS PROBLEM (IF IT HAS BEEN ADDRESSED BY SANYO), OR IT IS A HIT OR MISS IF YOU GET A GOOD CAMERA OR NOT. ANY INFO ON THIS OR OTH COMMENTS WOULD BE GREAT. THANK YOU
FAST EDDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 6:30 PM   #2

Welcome fast Edie,

maybe Sgspirit can enlighten us on this

dead pixals? On a camera do you mean on stills, video etc?a little more explaination may be needed?

a dead pixal can be a number of issues

1. sd card

2 buffer read/write

3 firmwares, software of camera

thanx for asking a great question mut lacking details on a spacific model

The Aiptek IS-DV may be one model that had that for me, but a different IS-DV fixed that issue

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:19 PM   #3

Did ypu lookat the C6 Dead Pixel topic in the Sanyo forum?
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:10 PM   #4

YES, I AM TALKING ABOUT THE C6 TOPIC REGUARDING DEAD PIXELS, IN THE VIDEO.

YES, I AM TALKING ABOUT THE VIDEO DEAD PIXELS POSTED ON THIS SITE SHOWING UP IN VIDEO RECORDINGS
FAST EDDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:09 PM   #5

Fast eddie

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=27

this is the topic. Iread the thread and could not notice the dead or hot pixals due to my lcd screen or no outline,

Nice to understand covering the lens and zooming in for testing dead or hot Pix's

thie IS-Dv had this issue may have been glitchs in hte buffer , software , sensor.

I wonder if its electronics or cosmetics? As far as I know I'll do a test on my cameras but possably others that hang in the Hybrid thread may have an answer or two. but as Mod I have not come accross the issues yet. or have any pull. the best resolution is to contact the corp and find out your answer through Email if Overseas. as I have talked with Aiptek in the Northern region its easy with a cell phone. but maybe a phone card worth the trouble in getting it resolved .

Ask for a firmware update se if that will help? if all have the same spot in the same area its a start.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote