Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:34 PM   #1

Hi everybody !

First of all, thanks for this forum, I've learned a lot on hybrids ! And sorry for my poor English, it's not my mother;s language !

I recently bought an Ispan 920, and I have 2 problems :

1) I have an USB ciggerette lighter adaptor for my car (5V – 1,25A) , and when i plug the Ispanin it, it behaves the same as when i plug it into my computer : so it's impossible to take pictures or to make a movie on SD I would like to have the same behavior as with the AC adaptor (5V – 2A), to have an unlimited autonomy when i use it in my car:-) Is it possible ? And where is the problem (1,25A not enougth, cable type ...) ?

2) My battery life was very poor (~30 min with the provided battery and ~5 min with another one):shock: I added a peace of plastic with adhesive tape on the top of the batteries :idea:

Doing this increases the contact strength of the battery inside the Ispan, and now battery life seems OK. Do you have the same problem with your Ispan/Digilife :?

Blutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:06 PM   #2

Blutch welcome aboard. I corrected just a few words for clearification, I also am not perfect :G.

1 where was your purchase , from wh dod you buy it from? so we can understand some resns behind this. if it needs to be broughtto someones attention/

2 Our members will be getting their new Ispans soon and you'll see alot of questions and answers for sure . One more week we'll have them for you. butthere are a handful in here who owns 1 and the lower end model.

A.The Usb port may be just for loading up info to the pc, and not a DC source, if the Instruction booklet says so then it is?

B the camera may have a bypass if it uses an ac adaptor and only allows loading up files.

C if it is that case an adaptor to the battery may be best needed

D Battery life should be 2 hours tops no more . 30 minutes is Un acceptable I would question the seller and ask for an exchange due to a defect.

E are you using the correct battery? and if so i hope the person or store is not who we think it is hmmm

F forcing contact may damage the pins but if its just to snug it it should be okay. possable repeated note wrong battery to camera.

Hope this helped a little again soon you'll recieve a great number of answers be a lil paitient.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 2:16 AM   #3

Thanks for the answer fishycomics

I owned my Ispan on Ebay, in France where I'm living. I'll try to contact the seller about my battery problem, perhaps I'm not the only one … The battery is the good one : Fuji NP-60 (3,7V – 1100mAh).

About the usb behaviour, the Ispan uses the same mini-usb port for file transfer and AC adaptor, so I think the pin mapping is different between a standard usb cable and the AC adaptor cable. That's how the Ispan know which cable is plugged-in I think, and so it adapt his behaviour in consequence. I'll make some voltage tests on the pin to confirm that ...

Old Mar 28, 2006, 2:52 AM   #4

can you post the ebay name up or is itt he same as the one we're talking about QoG

possable the battery is good possable defective its not a car battery but some cells may be damaged

the adaptor may be the best use for the camera, bu if you are handy like I said make an modded adaptor try out that way if all else fails. but an additional cover would be needed. to not ruin the camera

have you noticed the pins on the terminal for the batss are they bent or dampened that'll cause a weak holding batt.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 7:14 AM   #5

Hello Blutch,
I am also planning to buy this product on ebay france. Can you give me more information about it.
Are you agree with it ?
What about the transaction with the vendor (any delay) ?
Do you contact the vendor for your battery problem ? What does he says to you ?

Can answers me in a private message because i dont want to be off topic.

Thanks in advance.

F.M.
donbif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:54 PM   #6

its deffently Not offtopic. right ontopic, we need to get the problem addressed so we know forfuture refrences.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 2:29 AM   #7

Here some news !

For my first problem, I have done some tests. For a standard mini USB b cable (5 pin), pin mapping is like this :

1st = +5V, 2nd = +Data, 3rd = -Data, 4th = Nothing, 5th = Ground.

Now with the AC adapter, it's like this :

1st = +5V, 2nd = Nothing, 3rd = Nothing, 4th = +5V, 5th = Ground.

So I have modified a mini USB cable to match the AC adapter pin mapping, and it works fine:-) Now I'm able to plug my Ispan on a cigarette-lighter and use it without battery !!

For my second problem, I have contacted the eBay seller http://stores.ebay.fr/DIGITIMPORT-WORLDWIDE, and he will exchange my Ispan with a new one I send back mine to him today, and I will receive the new one next week, with 2 new 1200 mAh batteries. I'll tell you if this problem is solved with the new Ispan.

Old Mar 29, 2006, 2:45 AM   #8

whp [ays for the Shipping? I hope not you? if you do that is the free battery I guess right?