Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:04 PM   #1

A few months ago I stared looking for a new digital camcorder that would be small and easy to use. I have aSharp miniDV and never found a way to transfer the video to the computer that was easy or fast. Also accidently taped over previous video. Looked at hard drive camcorders but they are still a little to much $$$.

Bought the MVPR from Datavision for $144 +13 shipping. I am sure that some have paid less but that was the best at the time. Also got the Square Trade Warranty for $15 and a 2gb SD card from Frys. for $65minus a$15 rebate that I should get in a few weeks.

So far I really like the camera. It is not very good in low light but I use it mainly for my sons day baseball games and plan to use it for camping and hiking trips. My daughter also likes to play around with it and since it is relatively inexpensive I dont worry that much.

Use it mosly in QVGA and live with a little pixelattion. Sound is pretty good. Battery life is also pretty good. VGA mode seems very good but the file size is large.

I think the best thing is how easy it is to transfer video to the computer with the SD card. No tapeto rewind and playback and you dont have to worry about taping over previous video.No moving parts in the camera. Its also very small and you can just take it with you to see what comes up to shoot.

Shooting baseball game behind a chain link fence I noticed some pixelattion around the fence that distorted the players on the other side. I am going to try putting the lense closer next time to avoid the fence.

snorkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2006, 3:39 PM   #2

Snorky welcome th the forum thank you for the positive input, the best thing you said your Kids have the most fun using it. that is what counts BIG TIME.

Glad you like the MPVr i love mine for all the reasons. and again update to a new model still going to use it. I hear soon they will be releasing a 3x optical zoom one keep an eye out a few dollars more. but may have moving parts lol.

there are moving parts in the camera nd they are the battery and sd card and swival screen lol lets not forget the machro and lens part.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:02 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome fishy:!:

I guess there are some moving parts in the MPVR but much fewer compared to a tape camcorder.

Reading your posts was helpful in making my purchase.... thanks
snorkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:13 PM   #4

well guess what another new camera and hope you will read that one soon I am in the process of making it.

the Mpvr has great features and having jpeg from 1 meg to 6 meg works for me glad to hear
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote