Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:26 PM   #1

My questions are?

1 I have succesfully filmed pics and vids 1st day out loaded up the software all works great.

2. today I go out and shoot 3 pics 3 vids camera shows ray of transporter beams , I was filming swans on the water no direct sun shot.

get home load up the camera it takes a good 1 minute to ding okay what you want me to do?

I oen up folder I open up photo all works.

I open up movie folder iseea hour clock, and bam I get

now I have that on a rare occasion. now I cannot even do a open in my sd card reader, I am forced to format my pc I have tried a restore back oneday but must wait a few hours like 5 more I am burning some movies of tv shows once I burn all my stuff and format. if al else fails I do not know.

I have another pc and going to try it out will get back to myself. I hope others do not get what I got its a big downer

any suggestions besides saying call queen of glitter and get a new one.

1 all works fine

2 only movie mode shuts me off

3 will try another pc,

4 all plays in camera

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 6:43 PM   #2

replied back to myself.

1 my problem is within my xp pc

2 i loaded up real fast by the looks of my reply. to the win 98 pc it does not recognise the device but as i loaded up the software and click restart it all works out in the end it will load up, but not play av without codecs installed

perfect answer. I got a bug I will have to wait for my movies to be backed up. will restart pc and delete out device and try again I'll restore to 1 week earlier

and then back up all my stuff andstart over reformat no once but a few times as neccessary to get me up and running.

and I'll just bring this pc to another room and get a new one again. lol.

thank goodness the camera is wel, but got its downsides too lol
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:59 PM   #3

reloaded software it failed.

So I canceled my vid back up. and restored the pc to an earlier date then 1 day about 1 week.

all is working fine. xvid , device something triggered the problem andwish I knew what it was besides just that screen sending a repair report lol

sorry not selling my camera lol
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:39 PM   #4

I can't figure out why you're getting an Explorer error when you run a video clip. It should defalt to Media Player, not Explorer.

I occasionally see the error screen you posted, but not at home because I don't use Explorer at home. It shows up about once a day on an old pc at work, just ignore it, click on "Don't send", and Eplorer will restart.

Have you installed all the patches for XP, and do you have up-to-date anti-virus software?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:53 PM   #5

it is a bug like a bedbug itchs i=once in a while but man it atacked the movie file I had to restore back qite a bit

I ran anti virus just awhile ago 1 detected file on there a spyware its off but gonna have to do again I bet.

the formatting I did awhile ago popped that screen up. so I think its justa pain to have it now and then but like I said it attacked the camera Lol will gonna have to go out andshoot some more footage with the ispan