Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 6, 2006, 2:55 AM   #11

Call Aiptek and they'll senda new Unit out all brand new. Did you ever getthe email

/ :G
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 1:11 PM   #12

So, I called Aiptek tech support. I spoke with a guy named Will and told him about my slideshow problems and buzzing sound. He is going to send me the firmware update 1707 and see if that fixes the problem. He said to use a small size sd card to burn the upgrade as opposed to my big 1 GB card. If that isn't helping he says they'll prolly have me send it in.

So, we'll see. I dunno what to think at this point.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 1:38 PM   #13

I also just found out an interesting thing about the MPVR. If you are playing a track on the MP3 player you can close the LCD and the camera stays powered on and playing your music!!! Way cool. I can't tell very well by looking inside, but i don't think the LCD is on, just the blue glow from the power button.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 2:00 PM   #14

that's right glad you noticed the detail of that

ifound out that you can playback a Picture and scan left right up down. by pressing the nav button.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:52 PM   #15

RaeRae1981 wrote:
Quote:
I also just found out an interesting thing about the MPVR. If you are playing a track on the MP3 player you can close the LCD and the camera stays powered on and playing your music!!! Way cool. I can't tell very well by looking inside, but i don't think the LCD is on, just the blue glow from the power button.
Funny the manuals don't mention this. But it seems to be true for all the hybrids. The screen does indeed shut off. One thing to be careful about, on the cameras that shut off when you close the screen, is that if you close the screen too soon, the camera will shut off. Wait until a song has been playing for a couple of seconds or so, then close the screen. My 720 was like that.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:29 PM   #16

Yeah, I really do love the MPVR. Just wish after three models I could be completely happy with it. We'll see what the firmware upgrade will do for me when I do it. All the things I've noticed are minor and I could live with - I'm just bothered with wondering if they are typical of the camera or an actual defect in mine. Like the underlying slight buzz you hear in quiet moments of playback on MP3's and tv recordings, who knows if it's just electronic noise or something wrong.

Ah, as it goes I'll prolly be returning the camera in May and upgrading to the Zoom DV anyways (that's the nice thing about the Target 90 day return policy).

Old Apr 7, 2006, 2:49 AM   #17

well since you're on the 3rd one it starts on the 1st purchase not the third one and it may bewaivered to not return after 90 days be careful on that,

the pdf manual says the screen can be closed and the camera will go into standby . the 920 DOES NOT hav that feature at allo once you close the monitore it t shuts off, andwhen you open it you must wait another 6-10 sec start up

if al your electronic devices in your area buzz you got microwave issues as wel as cell site issues. but if its only the camera return it and go to a different target . or Like I said CAL Aiptek get them to ship a new one.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:17 PM   #18

Sounds like you aren't very impressed with the 920 in comparison to the MPVR with what I've read. I actually think one thing the MPVR has that is far better than the others like it is that it does have buttons on the LCD screen so you can access your photos and videos much more conveniently when the screen is flipped over and in when using it as a PMP.

As far as I know, Target honors receipts 90 days from the date a new item was exchanged, or at least that's what an associate there said. The receipt also states at the top its effective date and my most current one ends 90 days from my last exchanged camera. At least I hope it works that way. :O

None of my DVD players buzz or have a fuzzy sound.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:05 PM   #19

aiptek vs digilife or Ispan same company

I like the Aiptek a little better. no hassels when setting the shots up all can be done in the menu without going back to the beginning every single time to set function

in the 920.

7 settings of +1 to -1 on the 920 while the MpVr has -2 to +2 but only 0 -1, -2 not a big deal.

what the MPVr does is hybernate when you close the screen while the 920 just shuts off.

the MPVr also can raise or lower the tft brightness while the 920 is very hard to see in Pure sunlight very soft.

the 920 has a backlight not to confuse with the tft, when you snap a shot with Pure sunlight it darkes the area i have not yet to try it out. or will. its almost the same as WB or ev setting

the tft screen of the Aiptek will firmly open and swival, tight and secure, and have locking points on the sides

the 920 does not have any locking tabs and can be esily damage while the tft screen opens like feather so loose and light.

the Inner cases of both cameras have soft inside behind the screen but Aiptek is more firm while the 920 is softer.

the battery door can be removed on the MPVr and the sd card taken out and exchanged all with the camera at the on Position instant switch. the 920 shuts off.

the 920 has 2 machro modes the Aiptek one both totaly useless. the flash of the mpvr is a lot larger by 1/16 of an inch and has not a great hand grip, the 920 you hands are a tab further down not covering the flash but a tab bigger,while the Mpvr is slimmer and a li shy of the 920's size

the Mpvr does not have a flashing record light in front which is great no feedback into the lens, the 920 does it allows the person to know they're recording.

I better stop and go get dinner, I do favour my MPVr by far. i do like the 920 but needs to grow on me. its more Profesional in sharpness and ev settings,

I am going to wait for the MPVr 3x optical zoom, and hope target get one, I'll use my credits to cash in for a better Savings. and i will probably stand clear of future cameras, for now. I do need to retire my old Olympus and replace with a digital camera with optical zoom

I keep my camera with me no matter which one it is

the mustek dv4500 for rc fun since I broke the screen lol its going to do my car vids of repair

I keep my aiptek 5300 with me on bike rides "hey the Mpvr has stabilizer why not use that lol. I have fun no matter what camer it is but i do not have to worry when I use the Old styled hybrids 3 hours garanteed recording time and6 hours of total use with a rechargable thats not old. the older they are the less they hold a charge.

so i hope I did not make your eyes tired. lol:|

Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:27 PM   #20

Okay, so, interesting thing, fishy. My mom works in the closest big city we have around here and she checked at Target for me today and put on hold an MPVR with the BKL# starting with 5015. Now your newest model was a 5010 and all minehave been5005 and lower and were the"middle" versions. So I THINK this indicates that it is the newer camera with webcam features. It would still have 1501 firmware though, right, unless I upgrade with 1707?

So here's the debate. Should I just go with it and exchangemy camera for the THIRD time (would be new camera number four now) in the hopes that the newer model will provide me more happiness or wait around and return later when the optical zoom comes out. I'm starting to get worried thatTarget willthink I'm messing around since it's three cameras now and I'm still not totally satisfied like I'm on an endless exchange/exchange/exchange/exchange merry-go-round (I feel that way, ha!) Just wonder if they'll start getting suspicious or not-so-nice with me.

"What would Fishy Do"?