Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 7, 2006, 7:02 PM   #21

1 Target asks

1. I say you Purchased a bad supply. I would not hesitate to get a new one again andwrite to the Corperate for a further discont and unlimited returns till you got a working camera,

cell phones are all free for Long distance calls and Pacific time to 5pm to Aiptek get with Ray tell them your expierieance. He'. Personall supply you with a testedcamera. and again If all else fails you still can return at target.

the 3x optical will not be available in arget. on Amazon i never said Only but hoping it hits Target but 200.00 issteap and hope to see a price break

you may get a refund to get if a 3x there.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 7:54 PM   #22

I just figure Target will carry the Zoom DV seeing as they carry the MPVR and IS-DV and older models also their online site. Even if they don't, one can always get monetary refund and buy elsewhere.

I'll probably return the camera at Target tomorrow and exchange for the one that MIGHT be the new model with a webcam. At least then I'll have a better chance of having a model without some of these weird glitches maybe. I hope. Wish me more luck than ever... :O
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:51 PM   #23

let us know I hope all works ou in the Long run.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:18 PM   #24

I'm so nervous I'm going to end up with another bad one. I'm hoping against hope, I'll find out tomorrow!

By the way, the newer model with the webcam... how does that work, the computer recognizes it for webcam mode or something as opposed to older models?

I swear if this one isn't good I'm storming into Aiptek corporate and demanding the first Zoom DV off the line, and I want it for FREE. LOL. :evil:
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:07 PM   #25

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
RaeRae1981 wrote:
Quote:
I also just found out an interesting thing about the MPVR. If you are playing a track on the MP3 player you can close the LCD and the camera stays powered on and playing your music!!! Way cool. I can't tell very well by looking inside, but i don't think the LCD is on, just the blue glow from the power button.
Funny the manuals don't mention this. But it seems to be true for all the hybrids. The screen does indeed shut off. One thing to be careful about, on the cameras that shut off when you close the screen, is that if you close the screen too soon, the camera will shut off. Wait until a song has been playing for a couple of seconds or so, then close the screen. My 720 was like that.
You CAN close the 920's screen with the screen pointed out, and the camera won't turn off right away. The 810 has a setting to keep it powered on until the battery goes dead, regardless of how you have the screen. The 920 will power down after 3 minutes even if you leave the screen open or reversed. I don't see any way to defeat this, and it means the camera is not usable with a remote lens attachment. At least it means I have a good reason to keep the 810.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 7:00 AM   #26

the all hybrids do not have lens attachments unless you modify? unless you ment remote control for functions

the remote will not turn on/off camera like others do. I am not sure for the MPVr a remote is useless untill needed makes you lazy but helps in self pictures with timer leads to a question for the Aiptek topic can you remote a vid with the timer?

the tft screen can be closed and is perfect with a 1,3,5 minute shut off while the ddv 920 left out. the both cameras can reverse close screen but again the MPCr can keep on while the 1,3,5 minute allows constant on. ddv 920 nope. no constant on.

RaeRae. will get his camera and hope all works out best thing to do is not to be worried.