Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:26 PM   #1

Hi all. I'm finally back with my third (and hopefully final) exchanged MPVR. The LED lens on this camera isn't shaky like the last two. And I don't get crazy colored pixelations like the last one, thankfully! But I'm still having a weird problem with slideshow during playback on the TV. It's happened with both my past cameras so I'm assuming it's a firmware issue as opposed to a defect in the camera?

What happens is that slideshow works fine on the camera LCD. And slideshow works fine both on the camera and during AV-out when using photos from INTERNAL memory. But when playing photos on AV-out while using an sd card, the slideshow goes crazy! It plays the first photo, then slides left, then shows the second photo, and then the first photo pops in and slides left, then third photo, again first photo pops in and slides left. This continues for the whole series of photos and the slideshow won't stop in response to pressing "menu" either. It's so weird how it works in all other circumstances except during AV-out with an sd card.

I've tried formatting my SD card with the camera's formatting function. I've tried deleting the first repeating photo. Nothing has helped. My SD card is a brand new Sandisk SD 1 GB.

Does anyone have an explanation for this and does your camera do this also? Can it be fixed?

I also wanted to know if a small amount of "electronic buzz" is normal when recording videos onto the MPVR from a dvd player?

Thanks for the help! :roll:
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2006, 3:07 AM   #2

slide show works fine on mine

it slides to the left 1,2,3,4 etc no headaches

dvd set top are you in the correct jacks (understand you know what you're capable of) front left/right not subwoofer orrear. possable defective unit try a different target.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:37 PM   #3

I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm using the AV-out cord and jacks correctly. I can show my videos or go through photos one at a time, but if I go to slideshow it messes up.

My last camera did this too and it was from a whole different batch and different Target so I don't know why it would be a defect again.

I thought my SD card was a good, compatible brand... Sandisk. Could the SD card somehow be corrupted or something?
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:14 PM   #4

Regarding the "buzz" you mentioned:

If you don't hear it when the DVD is playing through your TV, you shouldn't hear it on the MPVR. Most likely, you are hearing a 60-cycle hum (in the US, at least) that is typically the result of a bad ground somewhere. It's not that uncommon: I supervise a staff of media people and just this morning one of them had to run a salvage job on anmp3 recording that had serious AC-hum problems.

If you are powering your MPVR with the optional AC supply, try using a battery and see the noise goes away. If not, try jiggling both ends of the audio cable during recording and see it anything changes. If so, you have either a bad cord, or a bad ground at the camera or the DVD player (depending on what you were jiggling when you noticed a change). If those tests don't show anything, try using a 3-prong to 2-prong power adapter to lift the ground on the DVD player (assuming a 3-prong plug on the DVD player).

If you have to run the AV cable near the power cable, try separating them, or if they have to cross, make a strong right-angle crossover rather than a shallow angle.

Grim

Grimbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:30 PM   #5

alright raerae I am home. As Grimbr hit the nail on the head take the rca jak off the source . let it stand by itself. when you touch the leads it'll humm anotherway to test ohms.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1 the Black usb wiht the mini cable correct attached is hte playback we'll get to that in a moment

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"2. the seperate stereo jack with a white and yellow one correct , o to a 99 cent store buy one it'll be black and red, I believe red is vid black is aud or vica versa. try that out

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1 the playback in slide show may be important to some , not me at the time. sd card bad not likely. look in the settings the 60 hts (ntsc) see if its set to the correct location pal overseas (50htz) the only thing that will do is flicker the tube?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"either the mpvr is not set up or your tv is not set up. have you tired all alternitives? I am so so sorry to hear this, maybe you need to Contact Aiptek now and demand them to ship a new camera they will . tell them what you are doing

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"tell them you returned 3 camera and all have the same and different problems . remember you still can return back to target after the Aiptek corp one. Hope this info helps just a little.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 2:30 PM   #6

Well, I've emailed my problems to technical support on Aiptek website. We'll see where I get with this. I love all the different things the MPVR can do and think it's a cool camera, but I'm starting to get disillusioned when more than one model isn't doing what's it's supposed to do correctly. They may seem minor things, but they are things I intend to use so I'd like them to work!

Thanks for your input, I'll try messing around with some AV-in recordings some more later and see what happens. I had just figured a slight buzz during quieter frames was just typical.

Old Apr 4, 2006, 2:55 PM   #7

you must call on the phone you'll never get a answer trust me if you doI'l reward you with the important thread of the Month.

Old Apr 5, 2006, 5:47 PM   #8

Okay, so I've done some more playing around. I've recorded off the satellite and another DVD player. I still have a small amount of buzz you can hear during quiet moments. I notice this also during videos I've recorded myself of my pets and such. AND I've noticed a small amount of this during playback of MP3's during quieter moments. It does this both through the earphones and through the speaker. So apparently all recordings playback with some tiny buzzing. I mean it's small but it's there.Do you guys have that?

Also, I noticed another minor but weird glitch. When you go down the list and play MP3's they play the right song, but if you move upwards to choose the song, it seems to play the song at the top of the page when you select the song at the bottom of the page with each page you move up to. It's strange. You notice that?

I'm not trying to nit-pik here, I'm trying to decide if I have a good camera with expected glitches, need to exchange for the THIRD time because it is defective, or just give up onthe MPVR altogether & find something else. :P

Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:24 PM   #9

As requested:

I plugged in my unit downloaded3 interent songs mp3's off a music site free its all for movies. (in thread of upload center.

I visited the office and will soon again lol ( inside personal joke). plugged in the ear bud i notice I have a either loose connection due to jack or bud.

sound plays perfect, but tinny Almost blew my eardrums out wow. hardely use them. I played a vid all worked out nice due to its enviorment., played on external all worked out

you may get FEEDBACK if too quiet, but watch out if you zoom you will get electronicc lick each time you zoom

1 zoom in a click at a timereall fast it .10 incriments, normal ( other camera s real bad) (920 real loud)

2. Feedback may be just emty toom noise mic is bouncing lookingforsound and hits wall bring back shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh normal . once sound isheard its perfect.

Hope this helps out.

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:54 PM   #10

Yeah, with playback of movie recording from DVD, personal video recordings in my house, and MP3's... sound seems perfect when there is noise, but in the absence of louder noises, you can hear faint buzzing or "static" sound.

I'm debating whether to call Aiptek and talk to tech. support or just wait it out and return my camera to Target when the Zoom DV rolls in and try my luck with that since my receipt is dated until the end of July.