Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:51 PM   #1

Hey guys. I've figured out how to put photos taken by MPVR back onto the MPVR. But I can't get photos taken by other cameras to work on the MPVR. I use the same process... name it "PICT0067", make sure it's .jpg, and drop it into the media folder on the removable disk. And then I can see it as a thumbnail in playback, but when I go to view the full-size photo it's justa blank screenand when I push my joystick upwards to go back the camera powers off. I tried twice, same thing.

Am I doing something wrong or is the MPVR unable to recognize photos from other cameras? I'm sure there's a way but I'm not getting it obviously. This camera has easily taken on clips and previous photos taken by MPVR.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:57 AM   #2

locate 3faces opic may be way pass page 2 he talked about this and

you can get them on there I will have to look for it later. he may have used Photo Impression to et them t owork

any .jpeg Will work

1st must be of a digital camera all you need to do is rename as the same file source as the MPvr.PICT.0001 as an example.

If its an internet photo then you need to convert .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:27 PM   #3

Thanks, I read 3face's post and I took your advice and used Photo Impressions to save the files as jpegs and they work now.

Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:01 PM   #4

its very helpful to remember to use the software Aiptek gives us.

Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:39 AM   #5

Okay, I'm having another problem loading photos onto my MPVR. I'm trying to load a VGA quality photo (640x480) taken by a different camera onto my MPVR. I used Photo Impressions to save the file as a .jpeg and use the same process I have for all the other non-MPVR photos I've loaded onto the camera. The thumbnail shows up all blank during playback; except if I choose toview it as the large screen, and then the photo appears. I've had no troubles with various higher megapixel photos from different cameras loading onto my MPVR but I can't get any of the VGA shots to work correctly (to show up as a thumbnail that's not black!). What's the deal here?

Thanks. :?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 4:18 PM   #6

Do you have any idea why this isn't working, Fishy?

Old Apr 17, 2006, 4:31 PM   #7

I have the faintest idea

I know I can drag the Picture in if you send it to me I'll try?

I own an Olympis I just load it up good to go.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 5:23 PM   #8

Does your MPVR load 640x480 photos from other cameras onto it fine? Here's the photo I'm trying to load (it's a picture of my ten year old plecostomus that just passed away last night :sad. I think it's weird that it will load all the higher megapixel photos fine but it doesn't like this little one.
Attached Images

Old Apr 17, 2006, 6:13 PM   #9

good question

I did get the photo in the camera but no thumbnail, the thumbnail is so small it's a Pixal.

so I tried to enlarge the photo, but had no luck in enlargement. tried various ways, and well just gave me file failed, no file found. I guess the only solution is to hold the camera against the screen and snap a shot that is clear enough if all else fails.

The platty is a wonderful sucker . andI remember you cannot kill them, I had many tanks and have one that is sitting behind me a 30 gallon one. Out of Operation, tried many times but always shut down.

Had salt water, freshwater, brakkish, turtles, maybe i'll do a vaveriaum, or a cactus tank. this tank and or stand has been with me for at least 15 years.

my hobbies I always can get back into but times has changed where I need to not be tied down. There were Pics wish I could find them with the dv3000 or 3500 at a fish site of what we had up I remember where it is at so I shall go look at post it ifI find it.

Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:16 PM   #10

Thanks for trying. I guess the MPVR doesn't like to take on too small of files! I tried what you said about taking a photo of the computer screen showing the picture. It worked! Not as nice as the actual photo but good enough. I never would have thought of it.

You should try a cactus tank, that sounds pretty cool! Maybe you could get some lizards to live in it. :G:-)

Buried that ten year old plecostomus today. His name was Vac; short for Vacuum, can you guess why? Heh.