Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 24, 2006, 7:25 PM   #1

I normally do tons of research before I buy electronics but I found this cute little hybrid online at ebay and I took the plunge. It was tons cheaper than the Sony DVD403 I really want or thought I did anyway. So now after winningthe ebay auctionand getting [stuck with it ?], NOW I find this great website with info.

I am a gadget geek so this is perfect for me. Half the fun of new 'toys' is learning how they work. I am trying to tell my husband why I needed a new camcorder when I hardly/never used the old one. Old is the key word...tape Handycam. Not so 'handy'.

I like this cause I can put it in my purse/backpack and actually take it with me. I hope it holds up for awhile. If it doesn't, I now know about this site and will study up more next time.

After I get it and play with it, I'll come back and tell you what I think of it!

here's what I'm getting (plus a case, earbuds for the mp3, cables, charger, software- I think that's it). http://www.svp-tech.com/2100/2100.htm

DeniseM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:32 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum,

These hybrids make an awful amount of sense to some people. Looks like you may be one of them. Hope you enjoy it, and let us know what you think of it.

You'll find the video quality isn't so hot, but they seem to be very rugged, and are extremely HANDY compared to handycams.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:54 AM   #3

DeniseM welcome aboard the camera you found has a few company names behind them one is Aiptek and the other may be Shinning, and Yucell they are the makers of that camera.

It is an excellent choice a garranteed tw ohour playtime of recording has excellentfeatures

glad you found us and Please when you have the chance we would love a small review seperate from the post thank you Mod FISHY
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:06 PM   #4

Thanks. After I bought it , then did some research I couldn't find much about it. Some folks bad mouthing SVP. I think you really need to read the details of what you're buying. I did that at least. You DO get what you pay for and the 12mp didn't fool me. It isn't . And I knew that. If it just gets OK video that's good enough for me. I like the form factor and size. I don't need video to edit and get fancy with. Just the ability to catch the fun moment with the dogs or the unexpectedand stuff like that to share. I bought an off brand(cheap) 2gig sd card for it.Got that fast .No camera yet but I know it shipped so any day now....:bye:.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 3:34 PM   #5

TCL Overseas Electronics (Huizhou) Co Ltd

very simular to the one's we own. 3xoptical zoom with the 16x digital zoom 300 plus.

Old May 3, 2006, 6:55 PM   #6

very cool form factor....
Old May 6, 2006, 7:09 PM   #7

Well it finally arrived. Since I've never owned one before the biggest difference I noticed was the cheap feeling plastic case. Lightweight but feels cheap.

It was fast to charge up. I have only tried pictures and video. I don't need a webcam or mp3 player. My cheap 2gig SD card seems to work OK so far. I haven't noticed any issues with it. Glad I didn't spring for one of those pricey ultra speedy ones.

The zoom is strictly digital and I haven't mastered that yet. It has a lot of 'auto' settings but I need to learn how to tweek some of those. I didn't mess with all the cables. I just put the SD card in an external card reader. Works for me. The screen is really hard to read in bright light outside. Inside I'm doing OK if I change the EV setting.

So far I think it's worth it. We'll see. I need to find something interesting to video.

The software that came with it is Arcsoft. I'd like to figure out how to put a movie on it. Will work on that. Then maybe I'll see if I can get the TV out to work.

A new toy. Oh. goodie.....something else to play with....
Old May 7, 2006, 6:09 AM   #8

the how to I made a nice vid step by step

its arc software

glad you are enjoying the camera

they do feel plastic lol

I love my old mustem aluminum casing. takes time to get used to it even a metal case will break mine did lol