Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 25, 2006, 7:31 AM   #1

Hi,

I've got a few questions for people with the Sanyo Xacti C6 'cause I'm thinking of getting one .

It looks quite top heavy and one of the reviews I read mentioned it too. Is there a large chance that it will slip out of your hand easily?

I had a Mustek DV4000 and there was a long delay between pressing the shutter and it actually taking the picture so when I gave the camera to friends to use, their
pictures were always blurred because they moved the camera away too quickly. What's the delay like
with this camera compared to other digital camreras?

Thanks
Cole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:57 PM   #2

for under a 1000.00 it better have a faster shutter speed? there is eve na better version on the market

the sanyo xacti hd 1 799.99

visit the sanyo.com home page

There is a handful of HD camcorders out there, but not many record to easily interchangable sd-card media or cost less then a $1000.00 which makes the HD1 pritty attractive. It sports a bright and fast OLED (organic light emiting diode) display, includes a 10x optical zoom lens, and comes with a docking station for charging and uploading footage.

seems with all the weight an optical will just do that make it top heavy, but the battery will be its balance, this is why one must use a wrist strap for bein a clutz or feal it will fall out of the hands, it may be a poor design but not worth its weight in gold . I preferre to Purchase a camcorder for the price and even ggrab a hybrid for the hell of it and still come out a winner.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:41 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum, cole22,

Having used a few of these cameras very frequently for two years, I don't think the balance is an issue. I've never used a wrist strap with them, and many times have done things like hold them out the windows of cars and boats and rotated them in my hand while filming. Not to mention skiing, cycling etc. Never came close to dropping one. You're not going to drop anything that expensive anyway:-) If you're one of those few people who do drop things, like my wife does, you can just use the wrist strap.

You'll have better luck contacting other owners of this camera in the Samsung forum. Not that we'd like to have this camera covered here, but that's just the way it is.

I'm sure the Samsung will take less time to prepare itself for use. That's part of what the extra money gets you - a faster bus.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:38 AM   #4

I use the Wist strap, and rather be careful when I boat Lol sgspiit when you realize it only akes a second.:G
Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:31 AM   #5

Thanks for your comments
I'd love the HD but the C6 is probably my upper limit pricewise
Have you tried taking photos with fast movement like cycling/skiing with the C6? Do they blur?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:24 PM   #6

we as Mods do not get that priveldge to own, we are like you , got to buy , and spending up to 1000.00 I get a true camcorder b Jvc and a hybrid for that price :G

you querry is better off in the sanyo for comments but are very welcomed here .
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:46 PM   #7

I've posted my questions there now.

for those who are interested, it's at:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=27