Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:36 AM   #31

"12MP" when in reality it just has a 5MP sensor.

You know I do wish these manufacturers would stop cheating customers with interpolation. It's obviously done to try and make their product look better than anyone elses without them having the inconvenience of actually having the additional cost of a larger sensor.

A good example is the Aiptek IS-DV, which will be quoted as a 5MP and the Aiptek MPVR as a 6MP, so buyers think wow! not only does the MPVR have those extra features but it can also take 6MP pictures as well. Well no it can't! Both the IS-DV and the MPVR have exactly the same size sensor ie 3MP so the IS-DV is actually better value as regards picture taking. It is just that the MPVR interpolates to a larger size. You cannot get any more information or resolution than from the original sensor.

When looking for one of these devices pay attention the actual CMOS or CCD sensor size not their advertised size!

If you still want to interpolate then use a decent photo editing program such as the freeware irfanview which offers many resize resampling methods!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:40 PM   #32

rgvcam, for your information the mpvr is a 3 meg cmos interpolated5.3 megs not 6 megs.

they say 6 megs to round it off.Also inside scoop, the MPVr will be upgraded to 11 megapixals before body design cange.

the Is-dv justundergone itschanges to the IS-DV2 which is the 5900 or 4500 style.

Please keep to the topic of the Aiptek zoom-dv6 and do not go off topic thank you ModFiSHY
Quote:
"12MP" when in reality it just has a 5MP sensor.

You know I do wish these manufacturers would stop cheating customers with interpolation. It's obviously done to try and make their product look better than anyone elses without them having the inconvenience of actually having the additional cost of a larger sensor.

A good example is the Aiptek IS-DV, which will be quoted as a 5MP and the Aiptek MPVR as a 6MP, so buyers think wow! not only does the MPVR have those extra features but it can also take 6MP pictures as well. Well no it can't! Both the IS-DV and the MPVR have exactly the same size sensor ie 3MP so the IS-DV is actually better value as regards picture taking. It is just that the MPVR interpolates to a larger size. You cannot get any more information or resolution than from the original sensor.

When looking for one of these devices pay attention the actual CMOS or CCD sensor size not their advertised size!

If you still want to interpolate then use a decent photo editing program such as the freeware irfanview which offers many resize resampling methods!
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:26 AM   #33

A bit offtopic, but still concerning Aiptek 3x optical MPVr...

I'm about to order the dv 8800 (I gave myself 'till early moday morning to decide), and am having somelast minute doubts about how this 3x optical AIPTEK stacks up to previousMPVrs, thedv 8800 or dv 6800(bothof whichhaveno optical zoom)?!

Anyone got still pictures or videos to upload...:? I've looked through the samples section but couldn't find any videos or stills shot by either Z100 Pro (3x optical AIPTEK) or the dv 8800... Did found dv 6800 samples though, so I'm hoping that dv 8800 is the same (in video or just a bit better in stills, 'cause of the advertised 5M CMOS).

P.S.

:idea:One & onlything I still can't deduce about AIPTEK dv's is how good (or bad) is the integrated mic (what's the audio shot when filming video like)?! I must of looked through 4-5 dv 6800 MPVrshot videos and all were either mute or the sound was mixed in afterwards... Was that intentional, 'cause the audio was that horrible and the internal mic was disabled or ... ?!

Thanks.
novinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 7:38 AM   #34

novinski:

welcome aboard

the vids I placed up are all edite not b/c the sound is good or bad, I have no reason to keep the sound , i rather place music to a vid sample then here someone talking.

if you viewed some of the vids in the inner harbour that is an IS-v a band is playing a good 1000 feet or more away.

If you looked in the aiptek mpver (dv6800) review there may be a shot, but if you still want a vid with sound fromthe MPVr it can be done, all someone has to do is ask one.

For the Aiptek zoom-dv6 or t100 not available in he USA or members not purchased yet or new comers found the site.

Not one person yet to have oneand made it here?

to load a pic may or may not help you choose, full size muste b e cut down to size if it is going to be viewed and you must scroll accross , there are gude lines of how to load pics i here, at one time I found the rules , but now its no longer. 8x10 shots are the limit unless in its own thread. if you, orothers know of a site that will allow 6 free meg uploads yippie. all are about 2 megs free.

Vid 640x480 should again be in the sample if not then waittill one brings itto the tablw the newest models. again they must find this site.

CMos or ccd your choice . no difference at all in my eyes. I think it's a step above a cellphone.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 3:44 PM   #35

July 30th release date. and soon to be available in stores they say?
Old Jul 20, 2006, 1:17 AM   #36

StarNomad:

I have been using the Aiptek MPVR on a SIG LT-40 radio controlled aircraft with great success. I mounted a standard tripod "shoe" center/top wing and use the stud to secure it. I am very, interested in hearing more details of your success in taking this camera apart. I would like to separate the camera body from the "lens" and hard wire it to the camera bodyinside the aircraft.If I could do this,the next step would be to swivel/tilt the camera using micro servos in flight. Lemme know how it went andhowyou did this.

I realize the camera does nothave a videoand audio input option...

Thanks!

jpjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:11 AM   #37

The AIPTEK POCKET DVZ100Pro doesn't have a video input and an audio input option. So you can't record directly from a external source, which is what I wanted to do.

The DV6800, DV8800, DV8900 have these options, although aiptek say there next model after the DVZ100Pro will probably have this option.

BUT>> I've just been told my AIPTEK (Guy BertrandWafeu) That the nest model which should be out in a couple of months should support this and will be called the DVZ200Pro. Can' wait!
eilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:33 PM   #38

Eilz:

If the new Aiptek camera you mentioned has a video input jack, lets hope we can attach a small and lightexternal CMOS camera!
jpjamie is offline   Reply With Quote