Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 3, 2006, 4:14 PM   #1

Question:Is it possible to record from your TV - whether it be a tape or show onto the Sanyo Xacti?* And if so, how do you do it?I'm trying to transfer an old video* onto my new camera....Any thoughts?* Hints? Tips?thanks,kd
kareyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2006, 5:23 PM   #2

kareyd welcome aboard.

1. does the sanyo have an av input? if not then you will need conversion software

you need to find its vid bit rate , aud bit rate fps and video format once you got all that it should work out fine

you can try to record a sample shot and then rename the file name to the same name as the camera names it

example if it names it dcim 100media clip0001 makesure you do not have clip0001 repeated, and test it out

best advice is to have conversion software
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 6:07 PM   #3

thanks for the responsemy camera has something called a dedicated s-av* interface cable -- so i guess the answer is yes...
kareyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 12:13 AM   #4

That could be a stereo-av cable, used to playback stuff from the camera onto a tv etc. I don't think the camera has an av-in port. The Hybrid List is pretty accurate for that sort of feature.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 10:36 PM   #5
Administrator

kareyd wrote:
Quote:
Question:Is it possible to record from your TV - whether it be a tape or show onto the Sanyo Xacti?? And if so, how do you do it?I'm trying to transfer an old video? onto my new camera....Any thoughts?? Hints? Tips?thanks,kd

Sorry but no, the Xacti's have composite video out and s-video out but no video inputs for other sources.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 6:23 PM   #6

you can record a show, and be able to transfer to the camera if you have conversion software. but not record into thecamera due to no imput device.

you can set the camera upin front of the tv Like I used to do and walk out of the room and come back after its all on there.

the software youmust know the bit rate soundetc to get it working just right.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote