Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 5, 2006, 10:49 AM   #1

Because you had fun deleting all three posts you force me to type this up again...

I bought a Mustek DV-9300 for a really good price from Page Computers. If any of you are looking for a good price on one, that is where you can find it. I wanted to thank Old Hacer for posting the videos from his Mustek DV-9300 because it alows people to make a good buying decision cause seing is believing.

Old Hacer, are there any tips that you can give me for operating this camcorder?
Terminator20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2006, 1:10 PM   #2

Terminator Please forgive me...........

I believe the site had a glitch I also clicked on deleing two, and correcting the wide place to find your camera it made it difficult to read .

I said

"ever see mars attack, we're not like that :Gwe are very friendly. and again I appologise for triple deleting. must have been a slow server or update.

Mod fishy

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 1:37 PM   #3

I found this forum by "Google" looking for camcorder reviews. I really like the place you have here. I registured because I am into digital photography and I figured this was the perfect place to talk about it. I own a HP 215 Photosmart digital camera and it has been pretty good to us but it is time to step up to something better.

I would like anyone who owns a Mustek DV-9300 to tell me how you like it. I like to read reviews and whatnot so don't be shy. I will recieve my DV-9300 today! Can't wait to use it. I bought a Sandisk 1GIG SD card from ebay but will be a while before I get that.

Here is the link to where I bought it, for the price, you can't beat!
http://www.pagecomputers.com/store/P...ct%5Fid=841844

Thanks for letting me know this because I have seen bad mods in my time and I can see this was just a mistake. Ya, the forum was getting really weird last night, figure either update or slowdown glitch.

I have seen Mars Attacks and that is a weird movie lol.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:08 PM   #4

115.00 is an excellent Price, wow!

I own some Musteks, I can tell you , I love them all I preferre to use the Mustek for most of my shots a better 6 playback on my tv and finer detail. I tended to lean on my MPvr for now and I am happy with te camera . I preferre a aa system over li-on why. with a fresh set of rechargables in the mustek i walk away al day filming.

I have cruised with my dv3000 model and let me tell you I had a spare set in my pocket filled up a 32 meg card 90 minutes of video all I could afford at the time got a 30 minute show, and 30 sec clis here and there for a full week, flew back home , watched al my video on the flight and stil had battery life that is a true story.

My MPVr 1.5 hours stretching 2 hours of record time on a single li-on charge

All lHybrid li-ons are 2 hour max al a may be a longer period.

Allaaa will be between the Li-on and aa

thank you for understanding.

Hope you enjoy the Mustek, I cannot afford every single one out there but 115 sounds Like I should grab one I may wait for the 12m aa system
Old May 5, 2006, 5:53 PM   #5

Welcome, Terminator20,

Like most of the CMOS hybrids, it does not do well in low light situations. The IS in video may cause jumpiness at the start of video pans. For stills, make sure to hold the camera steady for 4-5 secondsafter you press the shutter - it takes a while for the camera to process the picture and write it to flash memory. The range of theflash is narrow. Too close and all the color washes out, and too far and the picture is dark - do some testing to find the correct range. The 30fps frame rate is optimistic - expect 24 fps. Video done using interval record causes problems in MS Media Player. Use Real Player or Video Suite 8 to view these videos.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 10:18 PM   #6

Thankyou so much for your advice cause thats going to help me out allot! I am also into outdoor power equipment and so I did a test video of my mower, this is what you would expect from a camera like this...

http://media.putfile.com/Toro-20055-Personal-Pace
Old May 6, 2006, 1:18 AM   #7

Thought I'd add that if the flash is too bright, you can partly cover it with a finger. Also, to determine just when the shutter actually releases on stills, you can hold your hand in front of it, and take a series of shots, pulling your hand away at later and later times during the shot. Then you can figure out exactly when the picture is taken.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 6:04 AM   #8

I believe you place a tissue over a flas hif you need to soften the glow not a finger. if taking a picture that is needed.
Old May 6, 2006, 4:54 PM   #9

I have to tell you that I am really impressed with my DV-9300. This is my first digital camcorder and its loaded with features! I find it funny how people like to call these toys considering that you and I both know that the expensive digital camcorder do not have video and photo editing settings right in the unit iteself, they have to send to the computer and use a visual editor.

With my DV-9300, I can do lots of special effects and whatnot without ever connecting to the computer! The whole idea of attaching recorded audio to a photo using the camcorder is awesome! Interval recording and motion detection recording is something I have never heard of, and I am getting all of that in a unit that people call a toy. The last time I checked, toys don't record worth SH** and they sure don't have features lol.

I will update you with pics taken by the DV-9300 once I have some good days to do so, its raining here in Washington...
Old May 6, 2006, 6:19 PM   #10

the newer digital camera do exactly everything today and more.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"these hybrids are known as Pc camcorders. a true home movie camcorder is way more advance , takes clearer shots but lack the compact feal of a hybrid

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"one cannot worry when you got a neat gizmo, toy, gadget, eligant. firsttimecamera, whatever you call it. If it works for you its PRICELESS