Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 6, 2006, 1:41 PM   #1
ard

first, thank you steve for your awesome camera reviews! I always check your site before deciding to buy a camera.

i need help. I just got the Sanyo Xacti HD1 hybrid camera, and the sd card is in, the camera is on, but no display on the lcd screen - totally blank. the sd cards used: 256mb sandisk and 512mb panasonic. I am wondering if this is happening because I'm using cards previously used by my other digital cameras? has anyone experienced this problem?

I'd greatly appreciate any help!

thanks, ard.
ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2006, 3:41 PM   #2

I am not an Owner of sanyofisher camera

but is there a function that you are overlooking?

1 maybe the lcd has a on/off feature ?

2. have you pulled the sd card out and try it that way?

3. when turning on the camera do you see anything?

Possably and hope not, can the lcd be defective. One way to find out is to think you hitthe record and then hit again after a minute try to place on pc.

now this is the ultimate test try plugging in the cable for playback to a tv see if you can see if the camera plays on the tube

hope these simple questions solve the issues

sorryt ohear bout it. but once you get it solved a sample would be nice thanks for the compliments to the site Mod FISHY
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 3:54 PM   #3
ard

Thanks for the quick reply & advice fishy comics. I'm actually trying to charge the battery now to see if that works? I thought it would work using the adapter at first.
We'll see. I'll let you know what happens. If all else fails, I'll call the store I ordered it from and see what they say. It's just too bad support lines are only available on weekdays and during working hours!

-ard
Old May 6, 2006, 4:15 PM   #4

as long as you got a direct line its great imagine the email Aiptek does not reply back mustek haredly understands. and digilif conciders me spam lol let us know
Old May 6, 2006, 4:33 PM   #5

I just had to say LOL to fishy commenting on DigiLife considering you spam.

Hope your camera gets up and running Ard.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 9:01 PM   #6
ard

hi again. and thanks raerae1981!

here's the latest.

took fishycomics advice and took some video, uploaded it to my laptop and... it resulted in once again a black screen, but you can hear the audio! so something is definitely wrong w/ the camera. -just my luck! hopefully the exchange will be quick because I bought this camera for a trip I'll be taking in 2 weeks. and yes, should everything work out, I'll show some samples when I get back.

Old May 7, 2006, 6:06 AM   #7

Ard. ihope al is in Perfect working Order b4 the trip. I would be dissappointed if I gota new camera and had troubles

Let me try to tell a long story short.

On a cruise a asp canon elphi broke I had also a olympus digital, and a desposable.

not a hybrid yet.

I was at the peak of the trip, at the glacier seward glaciar bay called fordges. Well when I had a full roll in I snapped the cannon broke. thank god for back ups we gotthe desposable kodack and got our Pics

Now I had relaxe time got a pair of eye glass repair kit for 3.00 sat down fixed the camera, finding out kodack aps film was defective.

I just gotthe camera learned the basics fast and was ready to shoot, thee wasa function that you hit called MRC something likethat rewinds the film, and pops it out, reload at a later time to the same spot.

wel I believed i tried that that's it

So when you get it take the time to learn the basics and bring the instruction booklet so you can re read it. takes time to learn somesimplethings good luck let us know and gladwe're her for support.