Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 6, 2006, 2:27 PM   #1

It seems that most toycams (and cameraphones) do not have lens covers. Why is this? Do they simply not need one with such a small lens or what?

Do you have any recommendations of how to make a DIY lens cover?
pinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2006, 3:32 PM   #2

welcome Pinko

it is hard to answer this question w/o givinga better detail ofwhat camera you like to make a lens for

1. for example the MPVr can be fitted with a butain bottle 1 qt cover fora lens cap

2. the dv5300 by Aiptek as the MPVr can be fitted with a 1 1/4 inch forgotthesize a chair end cap but be warned, will pull off the metal rim

3. the Mustek can befited with a drinking bottle or medicine cap

the DXG comes with a snap on lens cap that clips to the inner shell

what is not needed are the lens caps due to a protective plastic or glass they have

If you takeapart the Mustek dv series 2000,x3000,x3500, 4000, 4500, 5000 you may notice the glass or plastic is SQUARE

that said use a bag or camera pouch, I garantee you'll have the camera out and filming more then worrying
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 4:40 PM   #3

I know what you mean fishy...

My DV-9300 came with a protective material pouch that you put it in and you use the tightner like you would have on a jacket. It seems to work fine for me so far!
Terminator20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 6:23 PM   #4

the Mustek pouch is great when you can slide it in a pocket or purse.

a nice camera pouch at a store with a zipper is awesome, attached to a mens belt or ladies hand bag strap.

you, well I go biking and if i take the hybrid it is on my belt like my cellphone

wip it out in a few secs with the strap good to go., to have a lens cap is just an additional item to lose or take off

I have had my camceras for a long time and the lenses are in perfect order , even from a 10 foot fall , now my dv4500 wentthrough hell andback broken bat cover, and broken screen cover , a peice of tape over the bat and some welding glue . Work like a charm the lens never touched lol

rc fun, and filming on a tree that fell in the woods lol its samsonite nah.........
Old May 6, 2006, 7:05 PM   #5

I just have my MPVR in a small makeup bag; mostly cuz I liked the japanese design of the bag! Hehe. It works well, though, and I can fit the earphones in there with it. And then the whole bag with the camera in it fits into an actual larger camera pouch which carries all my camera accessories.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 9:11 AM   #6
kip

The DV310h1g pouch dosent fit i must place the camera upside down to protect the len
kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 9:18 AM   #7

Kip.

Mustek uses a pouch bag perfect covers the whoe camera

Aiptek well they made a case cover wherethe camera does notenterily fitthe whole camera bad design.

best place is at a local electronic store compusa,circuitcity bestbuy in person you place what's best fora camera.