Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 11, 2006, 6:55 AM   #11

Hi Ajousse,

it seems that the M1 model is easier to find than the 8900: on Ebay there are couple of sellers that have the M1 model and they say that it has the AV-in function, but I'm sure it doesn't. I contacted another seller that has the 8900 (price: 179 E) but he said to me there's no remote included. I would like to order it, but my fear is that I'll receive the M1 model instead of the 8900, the price seems to be too convenient. From the Aiptek site, if you're interested, it is possible to buy extra batteries for 6 Euros+shipping.
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 9:24 AM   #12

The DV M1 case is slightly different from the 8900; you may notice differences on pics in the Aiptek site. (extra batteries for 6€ in Aiptek site; very useful information.)

Cheers.
ajousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 6:14 PM   #13

Congrads, welcme and excellent shots I am really suprized to see a first for the Aiptek UK 8800 hit the site. ( if i made an error i appologise on the country)

The MPVr is the same (6800) model with all the same exact features, and can be tweaked to an interpolation of 10 megapixals.

What is best that both types of cameras can vid record and playback through seperate input/outpu ports if and of usb, and have the capability of adding a remote control from the Aiptek homepage, I have not yet found he infrared signal output source, that will work for the camera , but 14.99 usc is not a bad price.

If you are looking for a difernet model or of another company it is best to give the ful name not just m1 or v100, to some members that will mean a digilife or shining which is basically the orginator of these designs , if not they may or may not have the same details but simular.

thank you for posting and have a great time decidingwhat is best for those in need,,,,, MOD FISHY

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 7:09 PM   #14

Hi ajousse,

Thanks for the tip, but I couldn't find the case picture on the Aiptek site: could you pllease post the exact url?
Old May 11, 2006, 7:13 PM   #15

OOOps, I'm sleeping, I got it:G
Old May 11, 2006, 10:22 PM   #16

Very impressive shots! Who would believe these were done with an inexpensive hybrid.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 3:32 AM   #17

Sunset view, endless focus.
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2006, 3:35 AM   #18

Night shot: a hill and sky with some stars. 'Night mode' test on tripod, delayed trigger; (the same shot without night mode is far less interesting)
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2006, 3:46 AM   #19

awesome shots and it shows a lot of noise on these pics
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 3:47 PM   #20

Holy cow! That sunset view photo is pretty phenomenal for a 5 M CMOS sensor. Now I'm a little jealous. I have the MPVR (6800).
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote