Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 13, 2006, 1:35 AM   #1

I've noticed on just a few of my many MPVR photos I notice a very slight square pattern integrated across the photo like a grid. It only seems to show up on photos in the bright sunlight outdoors against solid-ish backgrounds like a bunch of rocks, a tree, or especially grass. If I blow the photo up the square pattern disappears from noticeability. So, being that I'm not digital camera tech like some of you, I would like to know what the grid is from? Is it from the censor of the camera during certain shots, is it my computer's program for viewing the photos (I have windows fax and photo viewer, but I imported a photo into Arcsoft Photoshop and could still vaguely make out squares on a grassy photo). Just curious. I don't think it's a defect and it happens rarely, just curious about what it is. Thanks.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2006, 6:19 AM   #2

I read and you might need to show a pic and ask this question as well again in one of the Indexs?

Dead Pixel testwe;; what I ment to say is see if the lens does not have any spec, spot, dust, dirt on it

camera pixelsthis may help explain what pixels are on a camera

they mey be

1 a dead pixal or pixals. some show red, some just show up missing color, etc

2if the sot is tot he Sun you'll black up the sun and that is also burning out the pixals. In the vid mode you'll get a prism effect likee a Star trek transporter deal

3 if you are geting bigger box is the zoom on? is it higher than the 3 meg cmos file? b/c that may also be the interpolation

4 dust, dirt, spots will cause some type of interference that may have gotten on the protective lens cover, or even inside on the sensor itself?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 9:40 PM   #3

I only really, really notice the squares looking at the photos on microsoft photo & fax viewer. There are no dead pixels or discoloration. It just looks like a grid integrated into the grass; it matches the grass. Only shows up on a couple photos on a sunny day with a monotone background. Like my dog doesn't have a grid on him at all but the grass he's surrounded in has a square pattern. I guess I can assume it has something to do with the CMOS sensor of an MPVR? I can't seem to post it to you cuz the attachment is too big and if I try to resize in any program I can't see the squares enough to show you.
Old May 13, 2006, 9:56 PM   #4

Make a account at www.photobucket.com

Then upload your images there. Copy and past the URL code here.
Terminator20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 9:57 PM   #5

try cropping te section if you like you may send it to me I do not mind.
Old May 14, 2006, 1:30 AM   #6

I tried the photobucket thing, then it wouldn't show the squares on the image cuz it'slarge so... LOL. How complicated is this? I've tried a million ways and programs and photo sizes and zoom ins and zoom outs to try to crop this photo or be able to show it to you guys with no success. I can only really notice the grid during viewing of the photo while using microsoft windows & fax viewer. If I view at actual size the grid pretty much disappears. If I view it smaller, it disappears.

I'm just curious if it's the censor for the camera or my computer's way of viewing the photo. It only shows up in four photos that are sunny with grass or a tree with lots of branches.
Old May 14, 2006, 7:09 AM   #7

if it shows up . it can e pixals. again what size is the megapixals on 1 meg 3 meg 6 meg
Old May 14, 2006, 5:35 PM   #8

I have my photos set for the 6 megapixel interpolated.
Old May 14, 2006, 6:12 PM   #9

The reason I ask I could havedirected you to an upload site but all are 2 megs

so

we just have to assume that the foto has curruption on a center shot if its a pixal bad or cmos sensor in the center

or just that the protective glass may be reflecting

possably the camera does not like a leafy situation (lol) no kidding gonna have to test a snap shot out but for me to do so will be anotherday foul weather etc....

Old May 15, 2006, 11:59 PM   #10

These pixelated boxes sound like what the compression system does to video. But since this is showing up on your stills, I have no idea what's going on. Maybe there's a miscellaneous topic on these forums where you could ask the larger population of digital camera users.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote