Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 18, 2006, 4:07 AM   #1

Hi guys. I have a problem with my Digilife DDV-7000 that I hope you might be able to advise me on.

I was using it and everything was going great (I like this camera), when the battery ran out. I put it on charge (overnight), but now it refuses to turn on; kind of like the battery is still dead (the lights on the navigation button blink red twice with a little beep whenever I try and switch it on). Anyone else had this?

It's not exactly dead, as it does the blinking red light thing, but that's all it will do. It won't even switch on when plugged into the charger.

Does anyone know of a way to do a hard reset, perhaps, or a firmware upgrade or some form of kick up the arse that will get it to come back to life?! Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2006, 3:14 PM   #2

all i can think of is grabbing some batts and making a 3.6 vdc jig try that first

Possable you fried the batery

1. remove the sd card remove the battery se if the connections are in order

2 do not file you may want to clean the battery terminal with an eraser lightly built up junk. that may help

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 3:36 AM   #3

Thanks. The battery connections are good, but as you say, the battery could be dead. Funny that it went all of a sudden, but they do have a monitor terminal on the actual battery (for trickle charge, I suspect, so it must have some internal circuitry), so it could be that.

I think I'll get a new battery and see if that helps. I'll post to say how thingsgo.

Any other advice in the meantime would be great. Cheers!

Spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 3:54 AM   #4

SO I am guessing aa batteries wired up would not save you money???

no that's all I got for now
Old May 19, 2006, 3:28 PM   #5

I don't own your type of camera and fishy is the best expert in this area. Did you try removing both the battery and the SD card and then reinserting them? I have an Aiptek MPVR (a diff. hybrid) and when it wouldn't turn on I tried this trick and then it worked likea charm. Hope it gets fixed soon!
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2006, 3:44 PM   #6

some batteries have to be discharged, and may need a tricklecharge at least 14 hours, but its best to try the aa battery mod

I understand some are not handy?

1 like raerae pointed out possable curruption due to a few things.

I am seeing shorter battery life per use not a lot but know I need to cary my spare with me . just in case
Old May 29, 2006, 8:18 PM   #7

Hi spanner

try to remove your battery first and put it back then try to open it by by twisting the LCD like your ready to capture a picture if it blinks with red then green color then its already oki if not, try to switch on by pressing the power button above...

if its still dead try to close the LCD and insert the charger again if its blinking red coloryourbattery is still not fully charged but if the color red is not blinking it means that your battery is fully charged or what fishy said 'fried'..

try to insert your camera to usb port to check if your camera is still oki.. your computer should read your camera as a hard drive/mass storage...

try to buy another N60 Li-ion battery if your battery is still dead...
ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote