Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 22, 2006, 6:09 PM   #1

I got this camera a week ago and when I try to connect the AV cable to the player and TV out cables, it does not show the TV picture on the lcd screen. So I cannot record a tv show to the player. I returned it thinking it was a faulty AV input cable. When I tried the new one, it did the same thing. The new camera cable also has a third input for going into the TV. and the round button in the middle of the camera is silver instead of blue. Maybe I got a refurbished camera this time. I have the setting on the NTSCone for America, and not the PAL one. So I'm not sure what I'm not doing right. has anyone else had this problem? Thanks
Jadama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2006, 7:19 PM   #2

1 welcome aboard

how are you hooking it up?

please be more spicific

1. there are teo stereo jacks the one that is not covered by a plastic cover is the ear bud? that understood.

you'll notice the lowest jack to the bottom is the one you plug into with the rca yellow and white only......................

on the set top if a vcr which I preferre due to av output....

best type of vid out to use is a dvd player any out put to the MPVr input.........

turn camera on and once plugged into the camera on start up the camera will take 8 secs and then you see the vid and hear the sound

that's it..............

output of source to camera input and turn on camera finished

may sound hard but take th time to locate the 1st page here if not I'll try to locate another time the same topic for beginners

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 7:21 PM   #3

VIDEO IMPUT

dvd/vcr/tv/etc player output mono to cameras imput. There is no power supply. if you are going to film a tv show, battery must be strong, or your camera near the pc or an extended usb cable for constant power.

This is Demostration two videos one showing the camera accepting the signal to the camera, and the actual camera footage . there is No other means of quality to really show on this demo, as file size is limited to hosting site. filmed in VGA(640x480) ( may be altered by site)

1. http://media.putfile.com/IMAG0014719
2. http://media.putfile.com/CLIP002271
3. http://media.putfile.com/CLIP002375
Old May 23, 2006, 5:11 PM   #4

Thanks fishycomics,

I think maybe what we are doing wrong, is using the TV IN and not TV OUT slots, which is probably on the back of the tv. He does not have a vcr/dvd player hooked up. I'll have him look on the back of the TV tonight and see if that is the problem.

The front yellow and white inputs or more for TV IN, right? Like for PS2 and GameCube use. He did have the camera show up (short video) on the TV using those front TV inputs.

Thanks again, and I hope that is the problem. :-)
Old May 23, 2006, 5:37 PM   #5

you are getingthe picture the yellow andwhite on the tv are inputs.

you need to use a vcr or try the gamecube output it'll work
Old May 24, 2006, 1:50 PM   #6

Hi again,

Ok, his TV does not have any TV OUT on it at all.... NO wonder it didn't work.

I got it to work on my tv from the vhs player'syellow/white outputs. And from my daughter's room dvd player it worked too.

Are you saying if he has his gamecube hooked up, there out tv OUT ports on that ?

Thanks again for all your help.
Old May 24, 2006, 2:19 PM   #7

lets clear up some issues.

First all is working? hip hip

1. you need an OUTPUT Source and we have talked about hooking from a set top box, that is a dvd, vcr, game system any source that has OUTPUT JACKS.

Now a TV that I know do not have an Output source yet. they have INPUT JACKS ONLY. unless its a portable dvd player or portable tv, not a ac tv that plugs into a wall a tv that plugs into a cigerrette lighter yes.

So yes a game cube will work , but it will only show that game being played.

so a vcr will work it will show either the vcr tape being played or a tv station

so a set top box if cable, dvd vcr etc will show just that

DID that clear up the issue?

Please understand I am not critisizing or yelling just trying my best to explain.

you will need a vcr and if you like you can attach extention jacks so you do not have to keep moving it.
Old May 24, 2006, 5:51 PM   #8

yeah, I understand... what I guess I never knew is that a TV has NO OUTPUT source already on it. I never needed to know this before I got thisMPVR.

So all is good now...

I'm sure I'll need more help when other issues arise...

Take Care...