Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:47 AM   #11

Sorry I may have made a boo boo so I corrected just the title and thread.Ijust copiedth info given and never noticed i appologie

thanx AIG......................
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:00 AM   #12

Is there actually a firmware update for the DDV-1000? I bought one in April and really like the camera but would love an update to fix the sluggish shutter.

I see Digilife is offering the new 5120A. Many of the specs seem simaler to the DDV-1000 but with a few more auto settings for different picture scenarios. The 5120A also has a branded Panasonic 5 megapixel lens interpolated to 12 megs. I do not know if the sensor is actually any different, or digilife just started paying more to use the Panasonic name. The flash now offers redeye reduction/slow shoot. The 5120A also shoots in widescreen format, with a 1/4 second shutter speed vs DDV-1000's 1/8 sec shutter speed.

If the guts of the cameras are the same, it would be great if a new firmware update would give my beloved DDV-1000 the faster shutter, better flash, and more auto shoot options.

Anyone with more info?
baccobeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 9:28 AM   #13

As i do not have control of the firmware.

Loadingfirmware to the same company, different model may place the camera at risk of not operating. Try contacting the member, or support team. the Email and account has expired will see if I can retrieve it again .

accountstill active and here is the share file

Firmware click me

not responsable for actions of thefile, firmware and site.

do not attempt download unles you have defaultsoftware if camera crashs you'l lose all use of the hybrid, Please contact Ispan for upgrade and default firmware
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:12 PM   #14

ATTENTION!

Again, this update is NOT for the Ispan 920 or the Digilife dv1000. Its is for the 910.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:37 PM   #15

Has anyone tried this on their DDV-1000 or DDV-920?

One post from aijuswannasing says this is the firmware for the 910 and to fishy's knowledge, there is now firmware for the 1000/920. But yet fishy is the one that posted the firmware link. I'm a little confused.:?

I emailed Digilife USA and got a reply that no firmware is available through them.:sad:
I will try an email to Ispan and see if they respond at all.

The previous post have been alittle vage. Is this a simple problem of mislabled files or indeed the wrong firmware?
baccobeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 2:08 AM   #16

If you look at the filename when you download it, it explicitly says 910 on it, not the 920. This thread is a couple months old now and this has been an issue of confusion since the start. I believe the thread title has always been incorrect as the 910 is not equivalent to the the 920 or the ddv-1000.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:11 AM   #17

aijuswannasing wrote:
Quote:
If you look at the filename when you download it, it explicitly says 910 on it, not the 920. This thread is a couple months old now and this has been an issue of confusion since the start. I believe the thread title has always been incorrect as the 910 is not equivalent to the the 920 or the ddv-1000.
Credit to jakleman..........

Ispan ddv-910 (digilife ddv-1000_)
firmware release Firmware available it's released read super carefull this post.

Sorry If I confused you. they did not know of a way to place the Firmware online.

Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:08 AM   #18

Hello everyone,

I havent been no the forums lately, but I have contacted Ispan again regarding this issue.

The FIRWARE is for the Ispan DDV 910 model only.

Latest and current Firmware is : DDV-910-iSpan-G1214N(Toshiba).rar

I have gotten clear instructions to load the firmware too.

DDV-910 Firmware update procedure

A. Preparation

1. Prepare one empty SD card ( not MMC card ) , insert into DDV-910 card slot then switch on the power.

2. Format SD card (under DDV-910 SET/Format Memory function).

3. Plug USB cable to the DDV-910 then connect to PC.

4. Copy zburnT_C7.run.elf then DCIM folder from PC to SD card.

5. When copy completion, unplug the USB cable. Then , take the SD card out and lock SD card (lock switch on the SD card).

B. Firmware update

1. Be sure the battery status must be full or more than 75% capacity before firmware update. Or , Charge the unit thru power supply.

2. Insert above SD card into the DDV-910 card slot then turn on the power ( e.g. Open the LCD panel )

3. Press Picture Shutter key to update firmware

4. Wait until LED (on the navigator key switch) flashing stop, That means firmware update completed. " fw update Ok " will be displayed on screen.

5. Take out battery and SD card

C. Calibration

1. Insert battery ( or charge unit ) then press Up ( Mic.) Button to perform Calibration program

2. "BLC DPC Calibration" will be displayed then , " BLC OK, DPC OK " will be shown on the display when it's done.

3. Turn off the power.

4. Turn on again , New firmware was updated and Calibrated.

Ps : While performing the Firmware update and Calibration , you may charge the unit thru Power Supply ( recommended ) , or use Saturated battery
jackaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:28 AM   #19

Yup, 910 ONLY. i have no idea why digilife dv-1000 is part of this thread. Its not even the equivalent model to the 910!

THANKS JACKLEMAN =)
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:14 AM   #20

I'll delete the digilife ddv-1000 it isconfusing to some, it is the sameexact hybrid in standards . but not the samecompany.