Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 4, 2006, 6:10 PM   #1

Anyone ever try out this one: http://www.svp-tech.com/12t-2/dv12t-2.htm

And perhaps compare it to the Aiptek MPVR?

I notice the DV12T-2 comes with its own charger but it does not look to have low light capability or image stabilization.

AVspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2006, 8:03 PM   #2

jpeg motion imag excellent

its differ over the mvr,

I like the design as svp is and has the same concept of the dv5300 i wonder if they are the same company???????????

2h must mean a 2 hour battery. or 3h which one is it???????? think I got 3h is the recording time from the sticker for a 1 gig card

wonder what 2h is for the same thing:G

got a nice stereo plug adaptor , wonder what software it comes with?

Last comment just finished watching Mr and mrs smith one of the cameras sure looks like the svp ones :G

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 8:32 PM   #3

Thanks for the fast reply Fishy!

According to the user manual from SVP's website it comes with "ArcSoft photo impression". In fact that is all that is in the Users manual??? There is no mention of the camera itself?

I hope to have the DV-12T-2 soon as I purchased one off of ELay for $100 but now with JustBuy selling the Aiptek for $89.99, which I can walk into tomorrow and pick one up, I am wondering if I should not get it also, compare the two and then sell the one I like least???

I also ordered a 2GB SD card for $39.99 which was the cheapest I could find and is rated at 150 speed.

Thoughts?

Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:30 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum, AVspec,

Sounds like you can't go wrong buying both of them and comparing. I think all of us who have owned several or many hybrids have found there are some we really like, and some we don't.

The SVP is a model that's been around for a while under various names, and I don't think anyone has posted about them.

A 2Gb sd card for $40 is a steal!
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 5:39 AM   #5

Av.......

1welcome again.

1. Do youhave BIG hands? why I ask is a reason some may not notice the hold on the MPVr( in my review), you'll cover the flash most of the time, have to perfect a certain hand hold?

2. the SVP looks like it has a special hold to it that will be a pleasure to grip right?

Deciding on the two. is difficult

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" does this camera have night mode the SVP, and AV in two critical features.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Night mode is best used no at night but in a low lit room, with a tripod.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"av in allows you to record anyset top device in the camera if can do without no problem.......

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"wel hope this helps out just a lil.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 2:18 PM   #6

Luckily small hands. The DV-12T-2 shipped today so I should have it in the next few days or sooner I hope.

I do not think this model has night vision or motion stabilization which is what worries me a bit but maybe it takes good video in low light anyway? And perhaps the still photos are better... I guess time will tell. I will post a follow up when it arrives.

Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:33 PM   #7

usb 1.1 connection

it will take loads of time to upload files on the pc comparing to 2.0
dani_starma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:28 PM   #8

dani_starma wrote:
Quote:
usb 1.1 connection

it will take loads of time to upload files on the pc comparing to 2.0
Not sure if it really has 1.1 or 2.0 as if you look close at the box cover art it says 2.0

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Look here: http://www.svp-tech.com/12t-2/pb.htm

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"At the 3rd picture down on the left columb. On the actual"connectors" listed it says USB 2.0
Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:20 PM   #9

I checked out the SVP awhile ago and if I remember correctly, the SVP does not have AV-IN function (recording off of tv or vcr), while the MPVR does. Although the MPVR does have night mode and motion stabilization and the SVP doesn't, that might not bother you at all. I own the MPVR and I have never once opted to use the night mode or motion stabilization. Night mode is not that great and should only be used in desperate situations of wanting to capture video when you just can not at all get lighting available. The stabilization would only be really useful in situations where you are very much in motion as you record (like if you were panning around pretty fast or walking along a path and wanted the video to not shake a lot).
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 2:48 AM   #10

to raerae comments"

night mode works Just fine in Low light situations look for my sample later in here.

when the sun is out and the room is lit the camera will film dark correct? try turnng on night mode

just remeber it must not be dark dark if its real dark then Purple and no vid displays correct? ests up 15% and is nott he best feature

stablization is a crop it stops shaliness and eats up 10% extra video but well worth using