Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 11, 2006, 5:53 AM   #11

note that when i transfer i use a mem. card reader and i have not installed anything that came with the MPVr esp. drivers.

thats was what i considered a plus with vids being stored on a mem.card. i could easily transfer to diff comps without the need of software/drivers.

of course those of you that actually edit using the provided software may like it better than your computers movie editing software.

stefany:
how do you transfer the vids?

covering the mic just helps you by not having to edit anything regarding the audio sync later on.

PS: either you folks respond too fast or i type really slow cuz you reply while in replying. lol

stefany wrote:
Quote:
For me the lag occurs on the MPVR during playback and on any device I transfer it to.

I've turned the camera on and waited before recording, covered the mike for a few seconds(why would that help), and turned off the stabilizer, and everything else I can think of.....but the audio laggggsss the video.

Great little hybrid except I gotta fix the audio with other software.

Steve

SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 5:56 AM   #12

software used

1. win movie maker

2 presto video works 6

3 power director 3

4 ulead video suiete 6 se 7 , 8 se 3 software titles

5. muvee4 ( mpvr0)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:02 AM   #13

well cheaper in the sense that it's not a few hundred dollars like the other brands/models.

i really wouldnt have bought it if it was around 150. i would have gone with a miniDV and would have put up with the DV transfer thing. the price and your youtube vids pushed me over the edge. actually mostly your vids.

i think if stores would let you not just play with the product but see the end result then many ppl would be likely to buy it.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

the aiptek is not a cheap camera nore expensive, you must concider 199 at opening very expensive for not the top company to set a price.

The camera at 88.00USC can be a very popular buy...

Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:07 AM   #14

the camera is a popular item on here, as well as the Ispan digilife. it is not a home movie camcorder at all. its a perfect camera if you own a pc. butas I own a good number of these lil things it pushed me to buy other brands etc as well (lol) I now own a true home movie camcorder

it is excellen, I still use my mpvr, and others. optical zoom garantee I am getting the zoom dv-6 in Aug can't wait ( not O.T.)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:17 AM   #15

I transfer the vids with Windows Explorer from the SD card.
stefany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:18 AM   #16

yup this is strickly for the computer and sites like youtube. im going on vacation in two weeks and i can post vids while im gone for family/friend at home or anywhere else. lol

if i get another hybrid that doesnt cost an arm and a leg then this is my lil'bro's hand me down hybrid. lol.

back to Steve's question (sorry bout that steve i went with your member name in the other post)

"For me the lag occurs on the MPVR during playback and on any device I transfer it to.
I've turned the camera on and waited before recording, covered the mike for a few seconds(why would that help), and turned off the stabilizer, and everything else I can think of.....but the audio laggggsss the video.
Great little hybrid except I gotta fix the audio with other software.
Steve"

did you cover the mic the first few seconds you started recording? just wanted to clear that up since you didnt mention you did this during recording.

when you play it in the MPVr do you see the sync problem as well?
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:22 AM   #17

SimplyOrange wrote:
Quote:
did you cover the mic the first few seconds you started recording? just wanted to clear that up since you didnt mention you did this during recording.

when you play it in the MPVr do you see the sync problem as well?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Yes...I covered the mike...don't know how that would help the sync problem....I see the sync problem on the MPVR and on any device I tranfer it to using Windows Explorer.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:25 AM   #18

here's my little walk through

i turn the MPVr on (open the screen into proper position)
wait 2-3sec
hit record with mic covered for 2-3secs
recording.....
and
stop (hit record again)

transfer via reader to comp.

and play using the players that work well for me.

fishy if you dont edit the vids but still cover the mic for the first few and last seconds
and upload on youtube does the sync problem show up?

or do you edit and resync with your various softwares?
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:26 AM   #19

then does the sync problem go away?
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:30 AM   #20

for me when i do that walk through the only audio/vid sync problem i see is when i play them on some of the media players.

like on my other post
my desktop wont let the vids play right on WM and DIVX but plays well on VLCmediaplayer.

my laptop plays them right on the DIVX, not sure about WM or VLC.