Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 22, 2006, 3:23 PM   #1

I FINALLY got through to Aiptek tech support by phone today after trying for quite a few days while they were apparently experiencing high call volume. I asked what the improvements were for the newer firmware of the MPVR (2302) and he said that it was primarily just a little bit better picture clarity. Disappointingly, no faster shutter speed. He also said that the difference between older models having hardware: 0 and newer having hardware: 1 is just simply a different version of hardware, not necessarily better or worse.

So, if any of you wanted to know, this was straight from the horse's mouth! Maybe I should trade in again for a newer one, and then trade up when the optical zooms come out. It'll be like a never-ending cycle of exchanging!
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2006, 3:50 PM   #2

very nice

Did you forget t oget the firmware upgrade as well as the orginal? and also ask about the 3x optical if going to recieve in stock ( o.T.)

for my hybrid i am super happy with 1700 series and having the upgrad if needed.? soon will own the Zoom dv-6
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 3:55 PM   #3

I didn't get the upgrade during this call. Maybe worth looking into. I figured I'd rather just exchange camera for newer version since my receipt is good for aweek more.

Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:29 PM   #4

thought it would be in the back of your mind for us but that's okay, I would return your camera and await til jul/aug get the latest.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:49 PM   #5

To be quite honest, I forgot to ask. It's been a pretty rough day/week for me. I may try to get it if I can ever get through to them again.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:52 PM   #6

I've looked high and low for a way to dump current firmware of mpvr and can't find anything. I was wondering if anyone knows how to dump current firmware because I have version 2302 in my mpvr (I'm sure if someone knew i would've seen it on this forum but still checking) I'm sure they engineered it in its just a matter knowing how.
It has to be 1 of 2 possibilities:
1. A particular keystroke on device causes firmware dump to sd card
2. done with an app on pc over usb
Would be nice if I could back my rom up plus share with others with older roms.
EnsErnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 5:37 PM   #7

as the topic was posted on how to load. you are saying how to release to a sd to save

ahh? not a bad idea.

but be warned pressing certain buttons will freeze the camera make the screen stcuk etc

no harm willbe done at al, but removal of battery