Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 27, 2006, 4:16 AM   #1

Hi all!
I'm new user from Italy (sorry for my elementary english!!);
I have bought a Mustek DV 9300 4 weeks ago; I think that this product was good (quality/price rate), but when I used it I'm left very discontent !!

1. My videos with resolution 640 x 480 are NO good quality: special in night mode vision or when I'm in dark location (example in one church).
1a. The digital zoom is very terrible (too slow)
2. The photo picture too (ugly quality) with max resolution (9M), always on night external atmosphere; also if the flash is always active often the pictures are inclined to yellow color.
3. Audio rec is too terrible on video.

Now I haven't time to insert my video and photo for one example... when I back to home I insert my ugly photo and video/audio with DV 9300.

ForYou78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:55 AM   #2

Welcome Foryou

We'll let Our member Top Member OLDHACER answer your questions when on.

1 all nightshots on any type of hbrid isnot good at all especially with night mode. wait a second look at this shot

can you guess what camera it is with????

no flash, andwith night mode on? not a hybrid not a digital camera a camcorder?

night mode makes the shutter too slowcauses blur, color and distortion

low light shots filmed are the worst.

low light pics if a light is on the subject, object it works but all depends on the situation. hope this helps a lil.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 1:04 PM   #3

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Welcome Foryou

We'll let Our member Top Member OLDHACER answer your questions when on.

1 all nightshots on any type of hbrid isnot good at all especially with night mode. wait a second look at this shot
Quote:
fishycomics! Thank you for your answer!

I have inserted one video test (night visione mode) in this URL:http://media.putfile.com/Test-with-M...-BAD-QUALITY--

>> see the zoom too (isn't good)

...and I have inserted one photo test:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/177...5.jpg&s=f5

>> I have used the flash but is always dark!!

HowCan Iimprove the quality photo and video whit my Mustek dv 9300?

Can I update my mustek with firmware or new driver software?

thank you all!!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 1:31 PM   #4

you may call direct to your Mustekregion

1 your shot is fine, you are a good 15 feet away from the subject, and they have lights already on them. the problem looks like you need to take the flash off and not on. but there is blur to the pic.

A) do a test shot at home, stand or take an Object and snap with a flash, then no flash at 3 fee,6 feet 10 feet you'll notice the range lessonsas you go further Mustek is poor for flash, Aiptek is greater forflash, but remember both cameras take the same shot, and I prefere a major digital camera over these hybrids for perfect shots.

I am sure I have samples in the Aiptek review of my shots in pic and vid of a low light situation.

firmware will not correct this but hey contact in Person get it andwe'll share among the few here . hope this helps out and also try touching up with a photo shop software

Old Jun 27, 2006, 1:57 PM   #5

Also take note thevid is perfect, the people near you came out to the color of the surrounding area, and if you also take note of the drummer , is it? when the light goes on its lights him up?

If , and you're asking my vid is bad its perfect? I'll post a vid ofa night entertainment of a cruise up from the smaple vid topics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8pIa57EcVM

take note this is a mustek 3000 lowest quality at 320x240 camcorder costed 300.00 at the time Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8wLy6q58tA

here is a dv4500 also a night vid

these camcorders will film on a night shot if it has light on a subject no light gets you no video?

also remember digital zoom is worth its wight in paper money. optical zoom is what is needed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9POb0C2Y6M

this is a true camcorder, and it's worth its weight in gold

if you take note and allow the vid to play out you'll see a bldg focused to 32x optical zoom at night

I hope you understand that no matter what type of hybrid or even true camcorder you get shots will work or not work

my favorite quote no lite no vid.

if you believe your camcorder which is a pc camcorder is not workingright Please contact your support team, if you believe the newer Aiptek soon to be released will proove better i do not think so, maybe at night on the optical zoom but anythingelse will be the same
Old Jun 27, 2006, 1:58 PM   #6

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

you may call direct to your Mustekregion

1 your shot is fine, you are a good 15 feet away from the subject, and they have lights already on them. the problem looks like you need to take the flash off and not on. but there is blur to the pic.

A) do a test shot at home, stand or take an Object and snap with a flash, then no flash at 3 fee,6 feet 10 feet you'll notice the range lessonsas you go further Mustek is poor for flash, Aiptek is greater forflash, but remember both cameras take the same shot, and I prefere a major digital camera over these hybrids for perfect shots.

I am sure I have samples in the Aiptek review of my shots in pic and vid of a low light situation.

firmware will not correct this but hey contact in Person get it andwe'll share among the few here . hope this helps out and also try touching up with a photo shop software

OK, butI am sure that photo test I have used the flash...

Ihave noticed than the quality is better (photo and video), ifthe little light is present near me.

but your suggestion are very interesting; I'll test my subject photoat 3 6 and 10 feets( equivalent 1, 2 or 4 meters) :bye:
Old Jun 27, 2006, 2:36 PM   #7

when one Purchases this type of hybrid they believe the flash should cover the range of a real camera.. as if the dv9300 may or may not have what we call machro whic again has to be tested in length. 28 inch is the closes to getting a machro shot while a major camera gets as close as 1 inch?

Now if you also look at the setting you have portraid sunset and twilight etc? you may even have ep settings the lower the more light the higher the less light -2 to + 2 can be as high as -6 to + 6 try those out as well.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:17 PM   #8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAc-iWxNW4

here is a typical video shot it wil be dark no light till I gete right to the action part, I was filming the Filmers doing a scene as i was being chased away. you see lights camera and action.

my moto is no light no vid low light no vid light on subject or object priceless.