Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 4, 2006, 4:42 PM   #11

So yeah...

I had a 3.7V 4th gen ipod battery lying around and hooked it up to the camera USB port. Same effect as the original computer. Not sure if that means anything yet.

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 5:01 PM   #12

you are having camera trouble

did you try the battery section, not the usb port?

possably those pins needs looking

old school trck eraser on battery terminal erase the currosion no filing.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 1:29 AM   #13

You won't belive this....

It's fixed. Acts like brand new again. lol....

I dropped in a working battery from my cousin's 920 and it worked fine. Afterwards, my old battery worked just fine with the camera - i've even regained flash control and when plugged into the wall, the red light blinks and begins charging the battery.

Some observations:

> For sure, i messed up my own battery. When connecting my cousin's working battery via USB leads; nothing happens with the camera at all. It will only work through the proper leads inside the camera. MY battery is able to "trick" the camera to go into computer mode in the same situation.

> Either the battery capacity or the camera's battery indicator is wacked. On my camera my cousin's battery read in the red, while in my cousin's camera had a full charge. After a full charge on my battery, the idicator goes immediately to two bars within minutes. More testing will be done.

All in all.. IM SO FRIGGIN HAPPY!!!!!! lol... My camera's ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 6, 2006, 1:38 AM   #14

Hello Sg,

It turns out it wasn't nessesary but I was able to open up my 920.

For those of who whare are interested:

> Two screws behind the 5 MP CCD sticker
> Two more behind the MPEG 4 black Face Plate
> The screw inside the tripod receptical needs to be removed.

After all this is done, you can split the camera open down the middle, so that the back face with the buttons can be removed. It's actually pretty tricky, but if you really are careful it is possible to open the camera with minimal proof of tampering. One thing i had trouble with was completely dissasembling it, as the lens portion of the camera did not seem to have any way of coming apart. Luckily i decided to put it back together at that point. The next day i got my cousins battery and now my camera works fine.

Thanks sg for yoiur help.

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
To get "into" the 920, or the MPVR, as someone else was asking, you need to remove the piece of plastic that folds over the top like a saddle. I believe the 920 also has a couple of screws underneath the shiny "5M CCD" sticker above the screen. But I haven't removed the sticker on mine to verify that. Use some sort of thin blade to carefully pry off the saddle-shaped cover. This should uncover more screws for removing the non-screen side of the case.

The "11MP Enhanced 8X Digital Zoom" decorative plate may also be stuck on and hiding screws. But it will be difficult to remove without bending it. I'd try prying off the flat black plastic panel below it to see what screws it's hiding. The 920 is uncommon in that there are no exposed screws. You could also try removing the screw in the tripod socket to see if that does anything besides removing the socket. Further, I suspect the clear plastic "MPEG-4" decoration on the front is either stuck on, or latched on, and also hides screws.

How much damage you risk doing to get it apart has to be in proportion to how badly damaged it is.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:44 AM   #15

no memory to the battery ? or is it? great going aij
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 1:12 PM   #16

Yeah its fully functional with or without my 1gb card,

Thanks sg.