Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:23 AM   #11

pefect example if camcorder is broken, and mpvr is the recorder.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 1:46 PM   #12

It seems this setup that is being talked about may already exist in the form of the Samsung SCD363 which is a MiniDV camcorder that can also record 720x480/30fps video to a memory card.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:16 PM   #13

I totaly agree and have proof tha the MPVr will function as a optional device, it states the MPVR is an AV input recorder. so yes. this is just an additonal way to use your MPVR

see vid sample http://media.putfile.com/Movie-0012-55

just that I have too many camers should have gotten a different angle as well LOL

1 mpvr will only record in a non stop 48 min of high quality of 1 gig ( 2 gig optional) so having t oplace your camera in the pocket for 1.5 hour or 48 minutes of recordered vid can be bothersome, unless it is neccessary to capture the shots by other means.

2 battery life camcorder wil last from 1.5 hour-9 hours up to depending on zoom function etc usage of camcorder. being a defective unit, both camcorder and hybrid will be using seperate batteries. cables etc. editing may be greatly needed apon recording , but at least its a way to not toss away something that can be salvaged

3 in certain situations of a camcorder you are able to turn of the icon, but as I tested this theory out a long time ago, on a 3x optical, anything is possable

a pair of Baniculars foremergency close up, your digital camera as a optical zoom, and even your camcorder, telescope, a magnifyer lens or modded box.

Once again on a vacation. I am always stopped by a person "hey waht camera or gadget is that?"

but if I were to be walking aroundwith all these wires I'll be looking like I needa new camcorder? let them look I say. at least I got that vid shot in.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:04 PM   #14

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

Once again on a vacation. I am always stopped by a person "hey waht camera or gadget is that?"
That's funny, people almost never ask me about mine. I think they just assume I have an expensive little camcorder.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:59 AM   #15

guess it all depends on the model, its the aiptek 5300 that catchs eyes as well as the mustek dv4500.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:24 PM   #16

Personally I would rather my devices *not* catch anyones eye. I would rather them assume its some cheap good for nothing device than the other way around!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:01 PM   #17

My DV-3500 drew attention because of its small size compared to cameras and camcorders of the day. It was considered a toy, so I was not too concerned with someone making off with it.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 4:15 PM   #18

I remembered mustek came out with the dv2000, 3000 modles they were going at a hefty price on HSN. bulk order and a discount passed on to the Consumer.

and then they quickly introduced anadditional model the 3500 soon after. I could not afford the camera but made due with the dv3000 the sd cards werequite expensice and thesize was not as big back then

So when people here never seen a lil gadget, and they ae quite attempted to approach you. it is word of mouth.

Aiptek, or other brand items sold no it was the Mustek 5300se or 5600se that sold on HSN, andreached record highs of over 3 million dollars at 119.00 per camera.

over half compliained, very lil found this site, and others faded away.

IfI do se in my run around someoneholding a irregualr camera I will ask them and get their opinion.

I was stopped at the expo show and was asked how I liked my MPVr over the supacam. I directed the person go onto seves and find out . if heremembered the site or not.

to have a bad outcome andtell someone who approaches you, may be your peragitive (spell check) , but do not slam down in both topics, it is not needed, if no back up is prooven.

as Moderator i do not punish just ask if you have an opinion by all means let it out. but make sure you can back it up.