Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 10, 2006, 3:54 PM   #1

Anyone have or tried the Samsung SC-MM10S? I notice the reviews on their other hybrid cameras seem to rate the video of these as poor yet I have never seen any downloadable video clips to see for myself.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:16 PM   #2

[align=center]

[/align]
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:57 PM   #3

Yep that's the one. I was also looking at their SCD363 camcorder which combines miniDV with 720x480/30fps mpeg4 video on a card. Looks like a good idea but I would like to see some MPEG4 samples. Samsung needs to follow Sanyo's example and provide sample MPEG4 video clips. I sent an email but just got the expected canned response that they don't have any.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:09 PM   #4

totally understandable. when going to the store you'll expect to see these models on display not in a display case or hidden. do a search and try some google . very lil members do own some of these as they are not of a true hybrid or are the?
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:58 AM   #5

Hey rgvcam,

I own the sc-x105l which is the is the same camera with a different exterior and an external camera. This camera is great, it's advertised as a 6-in-1 camera but it really is a 7-in-1. It's a camcorder, camera, mp3 player, TV recorder, voice recorder, external hard drive, and a web cam. It takes up to a 2gb memopry stick pro which alows for 45 minutes of recording time in the highest quality at 720 resolution. That's not even accounting for the 512mb onboard memory which gives you about 14 minutes and max quality and resolution.

I use the sc-x105l to go mountain biking ont he weekends and catch videos with the external camera mounted on my helmet and with the unit itself. It's great! I'm currently using it to convert vhs home videos to dvd. I bought mine through e-bay brand new for an awsome price. If you have any other questions let me know. Here are a few video's I've taken with the sc-x105l.

http://media.putfile.com/Nam-61106
http://media.putfile.com/Crash-Video
http://media.putfile.com/Painted-Turtle

The original files look a lot clearer than these, put file really does a number after uploading.
ObjectAgnosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:23 AM   #6

excellent footage the third link is errored.

this is now in the sample area if you do not want it placed up there just let us know. if not reviewed in 6 months putfile deletes off records.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:35 PM   #7

Thanks ObjectAgnosia.

I also couldn't play the third clip, it just kept saying 'connecting' all the time.

I take it the slow motion effect and framerate is a result ofyour editing? Are you able to upload a small untouched originalvideo clip filesomewhere? I noticed that the video doesn't seem to be any sharper than that from my IS-DV and that's accounting for the compression of the upload.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:43 PM   #8

Vid samples will be true if the person emails it to you

Putfile is a streamline not a direct line.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:22 PM   #9

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Vid samples will be true if the person emails it to you

Putfile is a streamline not a direct line.

Yes I know, but I was meaning a regular file upload service.

Of course, if ObjectAgnos sends me a private message I will give them an email to send it to.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:48 AM   #10

Videobloggers are using http://blip.tv these days. It converts your video to flash video but you can also link your original video as well.

There's also http://ourmedia.com . It works in conjunction with archive.org so whatever you upload is kept intact and is stored forever.

Rodfather is offline   Reply With Quote