Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:01 PM   #1

Hi guys, (please xcuse my n00b attitude)

I need some help with trying to figure out is AIPTEK's Pocket DV 8800 neo (which is displayed on aiptek.de german website) the same as the original AIPTEK's Pocket DV 8800 displayed on aiptek.com.tw website, just different in color which is silver?!

The german aiptek.de website also has a mention of a regular AIPTEK's Pocket DV 8800 (not version neo) but its specs are also different to the ones shown for the same model (well at least samein name and in look)on aiptek.com.tw website. :O

:!:My question, I guess is, does AIPTEK's Pocket DV 8800 neo which can be bought in Germany has MP3 & Personal Media Player (via earphones)as well as AV-IN& webcam functions?! Would it be too much to ask how usable is the AIPTEK's Pocket DV 8800as a webcam? Is anyone actually using it for webcam chat?! What resolution & fps numbers are u getting, please?!

:?I'd like to buy it, but can't seem to find it in any regular store (city of Munich or Stuttgartarea), so I'll buy it online (I was thinking ebay.de, got any other suggestions), but I'd like to be sure what I'm gonna get first, so if anyone bought one [inEurope] please write down what you got (especially if u bought yours in Germany, but I guess AIPTEK France and other neighbouring countries wouldcarry the same specs devices)...

TIA

Here's hoping to join the hybrid community soon :|!!!

P.S.

Just to make all this even more stranger: Did you notice that USA aiptek.com pdf manual for PocketDV 8800 (both colors but no silver) is named manual-mpvr.pdf which if I didn't mix up my designations is in fact PocketDV 6800 model, right?!

novinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:52 AM   #2

welcome to the site

1aiptek tw is the 1st stop england france ferman is the second stop leaving Ua the last stop, meaning we are te last to get the latest models including canada so I like to call USA and canada the northern region. or Northe eastern region

2 MPVr in the usa is the 6800 and now introducing the 8800 to the place in red and black

3 the Zoom-dv6 will be the last model to arrive here in aug late July crossing fingers.

To answer your Question ona webcam I have not yet used it but I can say I was trying the past few days to get it in use theWebcam

I think my caption card and xp works in funny ways. load camera up andxp likes to find stuff its own ways. when i again figure it out lol I'll tryagain, thee should ne talk about how to use it in here

be careful whick uscsymbol tat you get b/c not al MPVr models have webcam features the oler ones do not the newer ones do so that may lead to overseas having webcan features.

hope others can Join in soon
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:44 AM   #3

as promised

I deleted all my mpvr drives, and started over.

1 reloaded mpvr drvie, win upgrade, and directx. then Plugged camera in.

accepts to open two drives, close both drives out if opened.

2 go into yahoo webcam do not see dv6800 drive. so I must

turn on camera and hit menu andgo to camera or it automatically is on camera and need to go to disk.

allow XP tp load still video and then audio

I click on still can open 3 file windows that are dedicated to loading pics

I close out. andagain go back to yahoo webcam prefrence I finally see dv6800 and got the camera asa webcam

youasked what fpsI see quality faster vid-----better qyuality

and brightness 5000 set on auto

now as I hit statistics

connection isserver

fps 3.6-3.8

bandwidth 0.00

image 320x240

direct show

on my other aiptek I have otherfeatures I can do fps for sure I can go higher or lower. and I remember that there are other prefrences of shapness saturation hue etc. I hope this helps out.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 3:18 PM   #4

I want them to bring over the PocketDV T300!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:21 AM   #5

Only ~4 fps?!? Was that maybe influenced by something else, like network bandwith?!

Just that little?! And at 320x240 only, or can it do 640x480 webcam mode?!

I had recieved a letter from AIPTEK.de saying the 8800'swebcam mode should do ~20fps, that would be satisfactory, ~4fps *pardon my french* STINKS :?

Thanks though for the feedback fishycomics, any chance you could just write down if you got audio to work when using MPVR as a webcam and how good audio was (say from a reasonable 20inches distance camera to your face), were u always understood by your chat buddy...

TIA again
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:46 AM   #6

hope this helps out a lil top is dv6800 bottom a television show as well as msn set up

Msn seems to be smoother play I have vided and its notthe best but hey check it ou decide msn wins hands down in webcam
fps in msn do not know but sure is faster than yahoo

http://media.putfile.com/Movie-0013-98

Old Jul 14, 2006, 8:04 AM   #7

Thanks for the video illustration fishycomics.

I saw the video and got the idea about how usefull dv8800 will be as a pure webcam... As I gathered from the video u can use the MPVR as a webcam and it can either stream prerecorded video, BUT ALSO realtime video feed (your first picture), right?!?!

Only thing I don't get from your video and picsis - is there a way to capture beside realtime webcam images, audio from the dv aswell!? Is there a way to get audio aswelland how clear is the real-time audio?! To put it like this, was your chat buddy able to understand you when u chatted!?

Thanks again.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:54 AM   #8

1. I do not use the MPVr as a webcam at all. I willsay the mpvr has a built in mic, and isdisabled in my case.

anyone else will be able to answe that question? you may use a seperate mic. Xp on my machine is funny? it allows the MPVr to be used as a webcam. but when I want to place my video recording on a site it declines me , of my webcam. due to a video caption card.

Both videos are from a video caption card , not of the mpvr

but the very first one is.

does not matter if it is Live tv or pre recorded tv. it is how it is streamed out of the MPVR , those are the statistics andsettings. hoped it helped out.