Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 15, 2006, 1:30 PM   #1

Hi All

I been looking/read up on a few hybird cameras and had decided that I would get the ispan 920.

But I`ve seen a couple of new ones but can't work out where they fit into the scheme of things.

As I understand it; the ispan 920 = the digilife ddv 1000

The new camera I have seen is the digilife ddv-v1 but I don't know which ispan this is the same as.

Anyone know which is the better camera, the 920/1000 or the ddv-v1.

Another couple of questions

1. what's the average battery time?

2. Can the battery be charged without being plugged into a computer?

Thanks

BW
Bad Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2006, 2:23 PM   #2

welcome aboard Bad Wolf.

SgSpirit may have said it befor of what models resemble which companies?

Digilife DDV-V1 = 810
Digilife DDV-M1 = 910
Digilife DDV-1000 = 920

The hybrid has no warany card, and he only way of getting ittaken care of is back tot he ebay person. You may deal Directly to either company by email, if they reply back.

the 920 has its own topic here as well, you may want to read up and research first before Purchasing. AsQueens of Glitter was the person to Purchse from has ceised to get anymore and stopped the selling of these Units on Ebay they promised the newest model to sell, and not come foward yet with any.

1. battery life on the 920 is under 2 hours no more. the battery cannot be charged outside the camera, only if you puchase a battery ,and charger if an aftermarket.

2 Batterries andchargers can be Purchased on ebay or at local electronic stres, a better price will be online , over local stores, but sometimes local stores have clearances tha lead to excellent buys.

If you asked me my personal opinion. I would not Purchase one I would like to deal with a product that answers back, via phone, andemail, and can back up their product.

I have had 2 bad oppertunities Hanshing, and Ispan. both do not carry a warranty for the USA, and if it fails Eba or back to the Person gotten from.

The camera is an excellent model, but lacks a solid shut door adjustable screen in daylight, and settings like timed off.

again Welcome aboard............................................ ........ModFISHY

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 2:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the info fishycomics.

I ment to say that I`m in the U.K.

The 920 is being sold on one of the shopping channels here and the others I seen on ebay.uk.

I after a camera mainlt for making video diaries when I`m out backpacking and want something that will give a long-ish record between charges. I can be in the field for upto 5 days without electrics.

Best I keep looking :-)

BW
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:51 PM   #4

Understandable. have you looked at the mustek dv9300?

or the Aiptek dv8800 or 6800

the Ispan does not claim night mode but you are able to use the white balance and ev settings

a AA system mey last longer like the Mustek dv5000does the same job and garanteed 3 hours record time and more. you are able to turn on/off the screen does the sameexact things as the ispan, but may not have white balance not needed in video.

le-on batterries you may nee to carr a good number if not you can always modd something up for 3.6vdc as the mustek its 3.0vdv or 2.6vdc you may also modd a battery pack.

the ispan is not on any tvchannels here ebay. so at least you are able to return if something goes wrong?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:01 PM   #5

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...jump_to=561217

Bad wolf here isa new camera it has a video light built in it may go by another name in your area aiptek is the company look for it in the germany or uk england site

Old Jul 16, 2006, 2:56 AM   #6

If the Digilife DDV-V1 was on my shopping list, I'd get the very similar but likely somewhat superior Aiptek MPVR. The DDV-920 is better than the V1.

So far as I know, these hybrid cameras do not recharge their batteries when connected to a computer. For a 5-day hike, I'd buy two extra batteries and make sure they're all fully charged before you start. The batteries are so small this won't be a problem. And you can get them cheap off eBay or on-line retailers.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:38 AM   #7

We don't seemto have as much choice in the U.K. as you in the U.S.A :sad:

No-one in the U.K is selling the Aiptek IS DV2 not even ebay.

The main sellers in the U.K. seemsto be the Aiptek dv 8900, 8800, 6800, 5100, and the 3300.

Any suggestions on which of these are any good.

Thanks

BW
Old Jul 16, 2006, 7:35 AM   #8

Below is a webpage it is a hard choice to make as Aiptek seemsto have patients for digilife and Ispan (rumor) there is a model the m1 it is a digilife (lol)

I placed up a short summury and it is hard to decide, i would also look into Mustek before you make a choice.

Questions you can charge the battery off the laptop ofa certain hybrid model andyou can charge your battery , but like SGSPIRIT said its best to bring spares. rather go with a aa system b/c you can buy a big pkg or have a usb battery charger.

but if you have a laptop how will you charge that

and another suggestion they make solar panals for recharging batterries.

http://www.batterystuff.com/solar-chargers/

http://www.aiptek.de/index.php?lan=2

5100 at highest res will only be 11fps choppy but the smallest of them all

3300 highest res will tak 20 fps and 10 fps sayd picture frames which first ready, you think jpeg motion but avi. 2aa batterries

is the MPVR you have a few choices in color and 6 meg or 8 meg 30 fps at highest and most liked read the review in here

10 meg has excellent featurees andseems more to the mp3 as well li-on battery

Old Jul 16, 2006, 5:00 PM   #9

Another question.

I notice that some of these hybird record/save in a file format named ASF. Do you need a special way of viewing these files.

My little digicam records in AVI and I can play these straight in quicktime or Window media player can I do the same with ASF.

Thanks

BW
Old Jul 16, 2006, 5:40 PM   #10

avi is a bgger file format, or extention

asf is the newer file that is a litle more compressed it will play in windows media format and need win media9 or higher today to play codecs are all included in the disks or cds they give out.

you can still edit asf in win movie maker and resave as avi aswell.

to answer your question ?

Answer: it is YES.