Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:09 PM   #11

1 try reloading thecamera a few times this works with mustek.

2 control panel locate add hardware and click yess and go to usb see if the drivers are installed correctly.

3. take off all usb devvices and I would delete those and try to get the camera aloneon there. rather having 1 port with shared ports on 1 connection. one will override the other.

untill others can answer it takes fooling around to get it to work....

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:34 PM   #12

Go into the Setting mode and make sure USB mode is set to Disk.

Make sure the USB cable is firmly connectedto both the camera and the PC.

If you are connecting to a USB port on the front of the PC, try connecting to a port on the rear of the PC.Front USB ports are often on a USB hub and some cameras don't like USB hubs.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:08 PM   #13

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
Go into the Setting mode and make sure USB mode is set to Disk.

Make sure the USB cable is firmly connectedto both the camera and the PC.

If you are connecting to a USB port on the front of the PC, try connecting to a port on the rear of the PC.Front USB ports are often on a USB hub and some cameras don't like USB hubs.
The USBis set to Disk.:-)

Have plugged and unplugged it numerous times. Same problem.

I tried the USB port on the back and it acted the same.

The camcorder is turned on, and as soon as I pulg the USB cord into the camera the camers turns off. And it doesn't show up in My computer or Explorer. Nor do I get a message of New Hardware Found. After unplugging the USB cable, the camera is locked up, cannot turn it on andnone of the controls will respond. The only way to get it unlocked is to remove a battery, and replace it then it can be turned on.

Does your camera turn off when you plug the USB cable in?

Think something is wrong with the camerea or USB cord. If there are no further suggestions I will exchange it for another.:?
MrChipsDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:10 PM   #14

is the External memory card in the camera when you do this?

and is it a MMC or SD MMC are not Liked?

I return and exchange

thinking you have a Missing power conductor in the cable? that tells the camera hey iam on ac now off the batt's
Old Oct 5, 2006, 9:17 PM   #15

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
is the External memory card in the camera when you do this?

and is it a MMC or SD MMC are not Liked?

I return and exchange

thinking you have a Missing power conductor in the cable? that tells the camera hey iam on ac now off the batt's

Yes the memory card is in the camera, and I can replay both still and videos I have taken.

The memory card is a " 1GB Secure Digital DVD Flash Memory"

Yep, I agree with you, it's time to make an exchange, something is wrong with the USB cable is seems.

Thank you so much for the fast and informative help.

We are going to Japan and Taiwan in a month and want to see if I can get something going in the camcorder area.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:31 AM   #16

1 remove sd card and try?

now since you're going away?

did you test out the hybrid. in different situation video, andstill shots?

1. the camera does take some nice shots and is concidered only good for OUTDOOR and DAYTIME ONLY shots VID AND OR STILL!

If you're planning to film or snap ashotat night you will not get that bldg all lit up in the background perfect, so I suggest you test it out? on all situations even printing a shot?

2. I would go out and Purchase a major digital camera with mpeg4 unlimited vid with a 3x optical.

why I say this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8pIa57EcVM

this is a Mustek dv3000 comedy central star about mid way in the audience, the res is 320x240 at 1 meg interpolated to 3 meg camcorder, if there is light on that subject . you will get your shot. if not nothing.

I at least have video and it's priceless to me, all my other shots are on a major camera

if you're happy and it works foryou :|
Old Oct 6, 2006, 10:13 AM   #17

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
1 remove sd card and try?

now since you're going away?

did you test out the hybrid. in different situation video, andstill shots?

1. the camera does take some nice shots and is concidered only good for OUTDOOR and DAYTIME ONLY shots VID AND OR STILL!

If you're planning to film or snap ashotat night you will not get that bldg all lit up in the background perfect, so I suggest you test it out? on all situations even printing a shot?

2. I would go out and Purchase a major digital camera with mpeg4 unlimited vid with a 3x optical.

why I say this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8pIa57EcVM

this is a Mustek dv3000 comedy central star about mid way in the audience, the res is 320x240 at 1 meg interpolated to 3 meg camcorder, if there is light on that subject . you will get your shot. if not nothing.

I at least have video and it's priceless to me, all my other shots are on a major camera

if you're happy and it works foryou :|
Thanks for the suggestions,

My current digital camera is a Nikon Coolpix 4500, and it is just fine for still shots under a wide variety of situations, will be taking it. my wife wants some video, but she wants it all for around $100, so I am trying to meet her needs (smart thing to do) I'll let her see the finished product on PC and TV and let her deside.

Have been an amateur photographer since the late 60's first good 35 mm camera was the Nikon F2 when it first came out in the early 70's. Have a Graflex 6 x 7 CM medium format system, really nice. But I'm getting older and the eyes are not near what they used to be, so I switched to "Auto focus" it's much more reliable than I am in most situations. But this 4500 screen is getting too small, He He will upgrade to a much larger screen in the next couple of years. My Camcorder is a full size RCA VHS, nuff said, only used taking tripod shots running on AC at football and basketball games when our kids played in school.

In the meantime I realize the shortcoming of this little Hybrid, and for evenly lit daylight subjects it looks like it will do the job. I like the fact that is SD or without film and uses AA batteries that can be recharged in 1.5 hr. Am currently trying out this charger battery combination, a Wal-Mart "Digital Concepts" 1.5 hr, It has some nice features comes with an European plug adaptor and will operate on 110 and 240 volts,plus a car adaptor, making it very flexible. Also testing a Energizer E2 charger, but 7 hr isway too long for this application. Both are 2500mAh. (at least they say)

Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:22 AM   #18

Mr.C. I hear you

1 rechargables you'll need 2 sets 1 in the camera , one as a back up. a third just incase while you're out on charge.

a lil story. cruise had a upside down plug, needed an extention cord.------wound up only using 2aa with mycamera 1 full week., but manage to force the charger in.

2.sd card will you be transferring, sounds like you will be taking a laptop?

if not then I recomend a second sd card, always delete when home but can never film more when there, unless you Purchase add'l ones.

IS-DV is a 1.8 inch but li-on batteries easier to se but more expensive to get extra batt's

Is-DV2 perfect camera do notget me wrong. my review shows it. just when you film remember to notwaste filming on low light shots.

Fool around with the nightmode and low light it'll do great but ann real slow do a test walk fast in front and review it? shutter isslower.

let us know when you get a new one? and if you still have troubles connecting?

the IS-DV needs a battery to run the camera, the IS-DV2 does not need a battery., but hey

t ry taking it out the batts and se, as well as the sd card. possable a defect in a batch where you bought it.

last thing call Aiptek they'll walk you through , but you want to clearthings up a.s.a.p.
Old Oct 7, 2006, 2:19 PM   #19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62MIR3XY8qMneededa video clip how the driver issupposed to load with Xp here it is.........
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:34 PM   #20

I returned the camcorder and the new one acted exactly the same, unable to use the USB to connect to PC.

Called Tech service and it seems in order to use the USB connection to the PC you need to remove the batteries from the cam corder, did that and the PC reconized it and was able to upload the files either manually using MS Explor or the camera software.

Sounds like they need to revise the manual, "Lost In Translation" I guess.

Thanks for all your assistance. Hope other users can find this information and avoid the frustration I experienced.