Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:13 AM   #1

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs...eywords=aiptek

Attention all amazon isshowing a change

within a day or two the camera will be out so I would check the local target by tuesday.

Please start to post in the review for this I'llbring it back up later.

and Yes Another hybridwill beadded to my list

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:38 PM   #2

I noticed also that you can no longer order it from circuitcity online either. It shows out of stock and to be notified when they get more. So bestbuy seems to be the last place I can get an MPVR if I go that route.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:54 AM   #3

Sorry the Zoom dv6 is not in curcuit city

the MPVr is and has been in curcuitcity for around 3-5 motnhs tops and istrying to start the sales. I even noticed they are stocking the Is-dv

if they catch on then they will startto sell he Zoom-dv6 and Bestnuy as well and do no forget Compusa
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:50 AM   #4

Sorry I was meaning the MPVR was out of stock not the Zoom dv6 at Circuit City. I should've qualified my posting with the model I was referring to. I was using this as a sign that the MPVR being out of stock everywhere could be taken as a sign of an impending replacement ie the Zoom dv6.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:02 AM   #5

Sorry Rgvcam I had no caffeen in the wake up hours , eyes blurred.

As we await the Aipte zoom-dv6 the mpvr may go out of stock but have nothing to do with it being sold out due to the newer model arriving

Circuit city wil not and probabl will oneday get the zoom-dv6

O.T. major camera shop carries every major camera camcorder etc from 30.00 to 3000.00 and higher.

B & H photo you herd of it

walked in and showed them the Mustek, they fell to the floor laughing

Moral to story if more stores stock these its great but harder to find if not

all photo and electronic stores in the city near 49th street carry remanufactured used, refurbished items from the major store pass as a new camera. Lol

and if you are not careful a brick in the box.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:20 PM   #6

Ah yes I have heard of this which is why I tend to stick to the well known online stores. I like a bargain but I am not that tight with money that I'd risk it all LOL

Yes digital memory card camcorders are not taken seriously yet. You only have to go to camcorderinfo.com to see this. In fact they did a review of the Samsung SCD365 camcorder and they completely missed out the fact that it can record MPEG4 to a memory card as it obviously wasn't to be taken seriously with them.

I tried one out in Circuit City and tried it with my own memory card so I know it is capable of it as advertised.

Still the future is bright, we gotta wear shades as the song goes, since more and more cameras now have a 640x480/30 fps MPEG4 mode and others like the cheaper Sony's and HP's now have MPEG1 which is an improvement on MJEG.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:40 PM   #7

go Ebay one MPVr is up thee 79.00 at a buy it now maybe that is a route but its used a online yard sale :G
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:09 AM   #8

I get the impression that "In stock soon" is going to translate to another week or more...
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:12 PM   #9

Is-DV2 said in stock soon and within 72 hours it went available so by thursday I hope. but check other thread out I posted the answer to target lol:G
Old Aug 1, 2006, 6:07 PM   #10

Aiptek MPVR has gone completely from Circuit City now. It doesn't even show up in the list of Aiptek camcorders even when you search.