Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:28 AM   #1

I just uploaded a sample video taken with my PVR.

http://media.putfile.com/PVR1

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:11 AM   #2

Hello ,

Would you have other examples, please? Because quality seems to me bad, no !?
Especially water and bottom. :O

It seems me to have seen by here a better quality ... (This sample is well that of Aiptek Dv8800? Because one would say that of a IS-DV2 !)

Somebody to confirm, please?

fabio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:03 AM   #3

The camera doesn't seem to like a lot of detail in the scene and I think it suffers a little from oversharpening.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 11:42 AM   #4

RGV.. Beuitiful Fishing spot...........

As for a video Putfile streams and causes a different video shot. one must understand other video will be blurred while the vid holds good on Putfile

maybe videoegg where it changes to flash keeping the same quaility. nah they do the same thing but better.

IS-DV2 or PVR no difference all the same

the Only difference is the cmos sensor bigger , better, smaller hmmm prefrence my friends. prefrence

they both have the same grain effect, they both have the same light adjustment in panning, and they both Pixal on larger screens in colors

if editing is done as in this case it was not , you may sharpen the Picture. so for this Video i do admire the scenery and that is Priceless.

seeing is believing.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 1:08 PM   #5

Fishycomics.

Actually it was near a flea market that we happened to be visiting :-) I doubt there are any fish in it, as in drought times it dries up completely.

In your opinion, is this video worse than the MPVR or about the same to your eyes?

I say this, as I am sure that my original IS-DV seemed a little better ie smoother.

I have placed another two clips from my PVR. This time from the flea market I went to itself.

http://media.putfile.com/PVR2

http://media.putfile.com/PVR3

Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:02 PM   #6

pvr 2 the Bunnies cage will always be incorrect with bars , no matter what you film.

Pvr3 shows actual footage of live people, as you notice when you aim or pann to the suns light the background is whited out. and the Gurl with the Pink shirt with stripes almost came out in full colour seamed a little washed by the lights adjustment. All can be excellent footage no matter how you look at it. a Pro camcorder will do the same. the color was right there and would have made an excellent shot if held just a little longer in corect lighting, not an expert.

Now between the PVr which I do not own, and the MPVr, and IS-DV

I can say the pvr and MPVr seem to be the same but the PVr up by a notch.

I still see that both are and have same issues in filming

a. Light adjusting,

B. bars blending

The IS-V seems to be a better filmed hybrid but also does the same thing with bars and certain vid situations

here is the IS-DV samples

Yes they are streamed on Putfile and rather use Youtube for lifetime over 6 months of non viewing lost vids.

1http://media.putfile.com/CLIP0070-18

clip 70 this is Baltimore MD on the anphibion (spell check) boat /bus ride. you'll notice flesh tone of gurls arm Pink, and the vid is natural in color enjoy the docking

2 .http://media.putfile.com/CLIP0004-84

here is a stream it may show grain and I do miss my IS-DV

As I have been at work in MD 1 year ago, I wished I kept my Is-DV, and am looking for another one but 20.00 is too high to pay while I am willing to scarafice 70.00 for one :G

I tend to say PVr films with actual colours as well as the IS-DV the MPVr may b in the Middle

remember the IS-dv was the 1st stabilized camcorder , then the MPVr was next while the dv8800 s already out in the Uk while USA had their shot owning ours.

Not going off topic. but 3,5,6,8,12,16 meg interpolation or sensor all still will be the same in my eyes.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:16 PM   #7

Another video from my PVR:

Here is a stall selling books:

http://media.putfile.com/PVR4

This is to show how it copes with an image that has a lot of detail.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:20 PM   #8

Now that's avideo, but RGV........ got noise all over it.

its a pc camcorder and Just that . it is just exactly the same as the MPVr (dv6800) sorry to say.

I think the IS-DV may also be in between

The colors are awesome but itake not in the background of grain and the pages flying in the wind . still in my eyes

PRICELESS.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:26 PM   #9

You mean noise as in Sensor noise or in MPEG artifact noise?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:46 PM   #10

not a pro just in the video you see the books and other stuff show grain, not perect clear sharp shot that I concider noise to me (sorry if I am not explaining it correctly)

when you view back on a monitor, a tv, a bigger one does it come out clear?

I bet if you snap a shot walk in to a Bestbuy circuitcity and with the payback cord plug in the sales person woulb get upset or love t ose what you got?