Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:58 PM   #1

I don't know what Target is playing at, but I was in Target today and noticed that the Aiptek IS-DV2 was half price @ $59.98. The second price reduction in as many weeks.Seems the price went to $99.99 then back to $119.99 and now down to $59.98!

I had to stop myself buying it again as I don't really need 2 similar cameras.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2006, 9:29 PM   #2

were you there afer you made the reply of the sd card :G.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"for tht price i would get one must check target by me

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"they are the lowest prices for a store price cuters in compititon to Wal-mart if wal-mart has them Lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 9:50 PM   #3

I actually posted it wirelessly while I was *in* the store I had my PDA and bluetooth phone with me at the time!
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:22 AM   #4

If its to good to be true you know the rest

Yes i knew that one you mentioned this before

its best to say selected target stores , as target does not due nationwide sales.

I will tryto go there

for 60.00 I would Purchse it as I do like the features it had but cannot grab my hands on a IS-DV.

forget my trip to target, thestore tells me uh I can't discus price, and we have the MPVr but not instock, they do not know of the IS-dv they have one that is the cztv . its the help no such name

ha ha ha

maybe Monday if all is right I'll go next state over lol

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:38 AM   #5

I think it's kind of annoying that they seem to drop the price so soon after stocking it. They don't even say Sale or anything. It must be annoying to those who buy at $119 only to find it at $59.98! The first price drop to$99.99 you don't feel too bad as it's only $20 but half price is a lot to swallow. For that price I would have kept it, but at $119 it was too close in price to the MPVR/PVR.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:07 PM   #6

Imagine the real price at cost is?

I think 60.00 would have made me keep mine but as you noticed when I posted in my other thread the letter. target would rather not care if you kept it or not , but insisted you lose 15 % restocking fee, while the real people at the counter care a lot and does notquestion you about why you're returning?

I like to have a few of the hybrids, why each does something the otehr does not. and I like that. cannot afford every singlestyle out there but hey.

those who are in theselected target areas. it may be best to grab one , then after your 90 days are up, you get a sorry cannot return it , I bet ebay will get you someextra cash?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:55 PM   #7

It was only at that store, the other store we went to had it at the full $119.99.

Target's return policy is one of the best for length. I mean 90 days is plenty. Best Buy gives you 14 days and that's it for camcorders etc.

The IS-DV2 is too close in functionality to my PVR for me to even snap it up at $60 but if it had EXTRA functionality being a newer model, then yeah I would've got it. The lights don't count as they didn't bring anything to the table when I tested it.

What I would like is for them to add a new Higher quality mode such as the Casio Camera's have in which you have a higher bitrate with the trade off that you can only record say 30 minutes on a 1GB card which would still be plenty. Of course you would then need the faster SD cards but that's no biggie.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:29 AM   #8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEjEQ5f_69s

where are they nyc shopping is for the pitz....................