Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:13 PM   #21

Moorqueen wrote:
Quote:
Yes, this is my first Aiptek. There is so much video noise it's almost unwatchable. I was recording a video in my kitchen with all the lights on, very bright. It was so dim and I could barely make out anything.And the pictures were almost pitch black.
That doesn't sound right. I know these devices are well known for their poor light ability but with a decent amount of illumination you should get a better picture than that and are yousure your flash is working since you say your photos come out black!

I just triedmy PVR (DV8800)in my kitchen which has fluorescent lights and got a great image on the device. You won't get much of an image with a single 60w lamp since they tend not to provide sufficient light coverage that the CMOS sensor needs.

Have you tried taking video during full daylight outside?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:52 PM   #22

No, it was night when I got home from work. I found it hard to believe that my $100 small wonder can take better vids and it has no special sensors or anything.
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:53 PM   #23

Also turn on the little 2 white LED's that are suppose to be on the camera.
frizzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:45 AM   #24

Oldhacer Congradulations on your First Aiptek I am in the pending department as I do not want the sales tax taxed at 16.00 that seems to be 200.00 pricing for me while it is at 180 shipping is free lol.

as for Pictures and emails

go sign up at Imageshak.us and follow instructions super easy Well WellWell no one got one for me. I think I am jealous

1 no camera or hybrid will film in a Low lightsituation no matter what you do.

to get a better indoor Picture ty the Nightmode feature but but but do not move the amera at all use a tripo. then walk in front you'll notice a shutter needs to be more opened to allow light in and that causes motion Blurr. yep my camcorder does wonders in night mode but as soon as someone walks on the film yuk.

so test out with a 100 watt or light behind you you will be happy but funny looking at the same time.

lets see some footage especially with the opticals?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:01 AM   #25

I'm going to return mine. With a 75 watt bulb in the room the only areas that you could see in the viewfinder were the areas by the light otherwise the screen was black. The settings were pretty much all on Auto, I did turn Night Mode on but that made no difference. The LED lights were on too. Obviously I don't expect anything great in low light but I expect to see something and the whole thing was a giant blurry mess. This is my second bad purchase this week. I got a Sanyo Xacti C6 and that was great except that it was broke; no sound from the speakers. So now I have to wait for a new one of those to be returned to me. And even that was wierd. When I would use the optical zoom, the picture would get blurry then re-focus. Very annoying.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:28 AM   #26

ha ha ha

When I went in and looked at a Kodack ( O.T.) I Fooled around with the zoom on the second to top end model it was like you are describing out of focuson Zooming.

but once I go to the focal point say 5x it stayed clear. it sounds like the camera is saying

hey wait up for me you're going a mile a minute.

Now in general of the aiptek MPVr, and Is-Dv2

Here is a vid clip of the MPVr

Low light no nightmode Click me it is an Indoor shot where my closet is located i start panning from the outside to show light then to the closet then turn on an 100 watt cadecent bulb off then on again to light my living room up

I repeat the same for Night mode.

Low light Night mode onclick me its an indoor shot and as you can see it is lit better but I say it again a tripod is needed and no pannning period. here you see a line on top kinda purple hmm is there a purple filter electronically ? the camera will not show a purple haze unless its darkeer than it can film that is the problem

but look at the near end my living room isWELL LIT w/o a light on except the 100 watt cadecent bulb

both pics have no light on, shows the closet then a light on then off then on to the end, one has no night mode the other night mode

this also holds true for the IS-DV2 But do not like how it causes a ring or circle when filming Please allow a few minutes for youtube to get it p its saturday sept 1 at 13:30 by 10:45-11am it is up perminent
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:42 AM   #27

No offense but I think it's a bit ridiculous to say that the camera shouldn't be panned around. For $200 I should be able to go pan crazy(obviously not super fast)and not see any blurring at all. And I'm not really going to be carrying around a tripod with me wherever I go. With Youtube though I think it's hard to tell the actual quality of the videos. I think it's the blurring that bothers me even more than anything else. If someone moves their hand quickly I don't think you should see a ghostly afterimage of it moving.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:08 AM   #28

Moor, not arguing at all:-)

1 Instructionsare to be read, it clearly states in nightvision on a professional, as well as Aiptek in nightmode you need notto move thecamera at all a tripod is best suited for these shots.

Yes Youtube is excellent if you like here is a downloadable file

it will not make a difference at all

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/ms0...P0015.ASF.html
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:19 AM   #29

But the blurring was there in all lighting conditions and with night mode off.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:22 AM   #30

moorqueen,

If you have already installed the codecs for your camera, you should be able to view my PVR video clips which is essentially the same camera, just with a fixed focus. These were filmed at a local flea market and I do some panning with them. set the width to 640 to get it's true size. It's not fast panning but adequate enough for my purposes.

http://media.putfile.com/PVR1
http://media.putfile.com/PVR2
http://media.putfile.com/PVR3
http://media.putfile.com/PVR4

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote