Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:13 PM   #41

OLdHacer please let all of us know thank you

the PVR is a 8 meg w/o the glory but a lens cover lol so if the 3x optical is everything of the MPVR yippie
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 12:22 AM   #42

The Zoom DV has a CMOS sensor. It is missing bothweb cam and AV in. Mine only interpolates to 8MP. I don't see an internal lens cap.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 2:41 AM   #43

oldhacer you deffently watched my avatar and hear and see no lens cap over the sensor?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:03 PM   #44

The Zoom DV is now listed for $199.99 on target.com . Will probably be a while before it gets to stores, hopefully at a lower price.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:53 PM   #45

So I had packed the thing up and was ready to return it when I decide to try it again because I couldn't believe it could be that bad. So I got it out of its package and found that there was one of those plastic films coveringwhat I think wass sensor of some sort. Removing it removed the blurring, as long as night mode was off, and the outside day pics were fine but indoor ones were still very dark. Pictures were ok but thosetake a little more finesse to get right. The LED lights are also very distracting to anyone you're filming since it's kind of like you're interoggating them. I love how it looks and feels but I'm not sure if I want to keep it. Should the LED lights be off indoors when it's a sunny day or a brightly lit room?
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:23 PM   #46

Moor i owned the IS-DV2 and can answer for this.

1 I believe I may have mentionedremove a film on the Ispan 920 review but its common sense to always look on the lens today somedo have some do not have excellent find and happy 1 problem was resolved

2. as you film indoors it must bewell lit forexample if youfilm with incadecent (spell check) bulbs it will beDull dull dull no light at all, better makesure they're 100 watt bulbs

A low light no night mode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i8IJfFyXGc

B low light night mode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TK_PEMVo7w

you'll see this is from the aiptek MPVr you'll notice A if correct has no night mode and is dark B should b with night mode and brightens up the room

the key was a 100 watt bulb

what you really must have is Flourecent lighting at least 4 sets ifnot nodda zilch

ifyou're in a store yes you'll get that vid for sure.

the Leds should be off and not on.not neccessary

they'll shorten battery life by10-20 % 1.5 hrs record time 30 minutes lost.

if you use leds andnight mode you'll creat a circle fshion

locate the is-dv2 review see sample vid

I hope this helps

andPlease decide for yourself. on to keep or return. do not want Mod FISHY to change your mind.

it may be a ton of hype for the Zoom-dv at this time but i will get mine soon

OldHacer I will get mine if aiptek.com hasa sale ithink i want cardboard over plastic

and a remote for all 3 cameras lol

Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:59 PM   #47

Yes, I feel very stupid for not looking for any film. Now I want to check to make sure there isn't any film on the actual lens.
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:58 PM   #48

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
The Zoom DV is now listed for $199.99 on target.com . Will probably be a while before it gets to stores, hopefully at a lower price.
Interesting. I think I may drop by my local Target Superstore this eveningto see if they have it but I will wait until they drop the price in a promotion as I think $199.99 is far too much just for the addition of autofocus considering I already have a PVR/8800.

If I see some sample footage where the video is much sharper due to the autofocus and it drops somewhere south of $150, I may well be tempted.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:27 PM   #49

I think when RGVCAM finds it in target I'll see it a few days later.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:42 PM   #50

i thought "Walgreens" is a store!? Or do you mean store as an internet-shop? Why did not buy it at Walgreens?

Please do not kick me here out, maybe the american english is to heavy for me.....i am only a stupid german:sad:

Old HACer schrieb:
Quote:
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote