Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:08 PM   #51

jam11 wrote:
Quote:
i thought "Walgreens" is a store!? Or do you mean store as an internet-shop? Why did not buy it at Walgreens?

Please do not kick me here out, maybe the american english is to heavy for me.....i am only a stupid german:sad:

Old HACer schrieb:
Quote:
The Zoom DV is now listed for $199.99 on target.com . Will probably be a while before it gets to stores, hopefully at a lower price.
Both Target and Walgreens are "Brick and Click" operations, meaning they have both physical stores and internet stores. At the momment, nither is selling the Zoom DV in its physical stores.

I'm a little behind the times - I still think of a store as a building, not a website.:-)

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:20 PM   #52

jam11 wrote:
Quote:
i thought "Walgreens" is a store!? Or do you mean store as an internet-shop? Why did not buy it at Walgreens?

Please do not kick me here out, maybe the american english is to heavy for me.....i am only a stupid german:sad:

Old HACer schrieb:
Quote:
The Zoom DV is now listed for $199.99 on target.com . Will probably be a while before it gets to stores, hopefully at a lower price.
No problem Jam11, I am sure we have all confused you thoroughly!

The reason we are interested in it being stockedin the physical store Target as against the online version, is that they will often have a promotion where they will drop the price substantially for a short period of time. For instancelocally I saw the IS-DV2 for 1/2 the price it usually is for a a couple of days!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:33 PM   #53

some cn travel a 1mile and see 5 walgreens in that radius some may have to travel 100 miles. samegoes for target but a lil further about 1-10 miles

like RGVCAM and OLDHACER mentions a local store will sotck an item that you can grab a hold of and play around with it

the 1st major store that allowed hands on was Bestbuy.

but this was going on way before then.

todays times it is all tied down

I mean behind a bulletroof glass lol

you can hold some but they will not owrk, if you have battery andsdcard you will have trouble with its securitytag that blocks the batts access.

now a well known place called B & h photo's you may go i andsee it working place a card in it andfilm to your heart is content. butthey will laugh at you b/c they do not stock these toys

I know b/c i went in when OLdHacer gothis. star trek cameraforgetting the name optio by pentex oldhace

and did you know that site is fixed? hope you learned some broken englis by now:G

JAm the 1st

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:47 PM   #54

Well I am here in Target and still no Aiptek Zoom. The MPVR hanger has been empty for a while, probably because they are making way for the eventual arrival of the Zoom.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:01 PM   #55

I got vid(had) 2 days agoand never placed up the shelfs had 2 lines of dxg's that's 8 1 line of IS-DV2 that's 4 and an empty 3 month spot for the MPVr while the IS-dv is the same.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:20 PM   #56

Here is a video of the Aiptek Zoom DV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4sUi-jMbkQ

And here is the same shot with my Small Wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxdTQsxrPQ
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:18 PM   #57

The Zoom DV clip appears to no longer be available:sad:

Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:44 PM   #58

It wasn't working for a while but now it seems to work.
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:22 PM   #59

With two windows and sunlight, that's not even a hard low light test ... and the Zoom DV failed.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:27 AM   #60

Old HACer schrieb:
Quote:
jam11 wrote:
Quote:

Old HACer schrieb:
Quote:
Both Target and Walgreens are "Brick and Click" operations, meaning they have both physical stores and internet stores. At the momment, nither is selling the Zoom DV in its physical stores.

I'm a little behind the times - I still think of a store as a building, not a website.:-)

Old HACer, fishy and rgvcam

thanks for explaining

But fishy, yours english is so bewildering to me......but i hope in the future i will do it like yours

Jam11 (the first:G:G:G)
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote