Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:28 AM   #61

Old HACer schrieb:
Quote:
jam11 wrote:
Quote:
i thought "Walgreens" is a store!? Or do you mean store as an internet-shop? Why did not buy it at Walgreens?

Please do not kick me here out, maybe the american english is to heavy for me.....i am only a stupid german:sad:

Old HACer schrieb:
Quote:
The Zoom DV is now listed for $199.99 on target.com . Will probably be a while before it gets to stores, hopefully at a lower price.
Both Target and Walgreens are "Brick and Click" operations, meaning they have both physical stores and internet stores. At the momment, nither is selling the Zoom DV in its physical stores.

I'm a little behind the times - I still think of a store as a building, not a website.:-)

Old HACer, fishy and rgvcam

thanks for explaining

But fishy, yours english is so bewildering to me......but i hope in the future i will do it like yours

Jam11 (the first:G:G:G)
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 4:01 AM   #62

thanls JAm but I am not perfect

The Wondercam you started to stay in postion then moved

the Zoom you moved right away

not giving the camera a chance to focus on adjusting.

this does show its poor quality or craftmanship at work

1 zoom seems to do its Job and adjust to the light but try to have the sun not in front but behind thiswill give a netter vid any vidwith the sun in front makes a poor vid causing a sahededshot

2 wondercam blows it awayin the shot facing to the sun or window

Samples wil be needed foroptical indoor and outdoor and stil a low lightsituation like that again
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:54 AM   #63

Moorqueen,

Is your Small Wonder a Hybrid? Does it have a CCD. Just interested in the specs of this camera.

It does seem the Aiptek Zoom is pretty poor in low light. In fact it seems worse than the regular Aiptek PVR. For $99 it's something you could put up with, but for $199 I don't think so. They need to do better.

What I would like to see though is some video in daylight, to see if the addition of the autofocus really does make a difference.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 9:28 AM   #64

Yes, what is a "small wonder"?
brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:23 AM   #65

The Wondercam started out around 2 years ago I like to say maybe 5 how time flies does it?

I emailed the sites sales department to send a sample video they did . They were at a sales booth selling their stuff and when they panned it was the video that showed lines all over seperation like you see cables on the bridges or buildings that have prism effects in each glass yep poor

the camera hada great write up andcosted around 350.00 at that time now I do not even know as this camera faded off the shelfs or sites

http://store.xtremegadget.com/wocam4caplvo.html

this camera was not from Vivitar at one time now it is. and sells around 180.00
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:36 PM   #66

But that's not the same thing I'm talking about. The RCA Small Wonder is an Ipod shaped Camcorder with NO other functions other than a camcorder. It has a built in 512mb memory which lets you record exactly 30 minutes of VGA/30fps video. There is no memory card slot so once you use the 30 minutes up you need to dump the files onto a computer if you want to save them. It has a built in USB connector, 2X digital zoom( which is pretty poor). But when I make DVDs of the files they still look pretty darn good on my 61" tv. there is software built into the USB arm that lets you email the videos or save them. It compresses the files for email so they're nice and small. that's a pretty neat feature. The technology is licensed by Pure Digital Technologies who make their own mode, which is for sale at Target for $130 with a $20 mail in rebate. that's called Pure Digital Point and Shoot Camcorder. The Small Wonder and the Pure Digital are exactly the same. The Small Wonder can be purchased online at Sam' Club and Amazon I would imagine.

http://www.mysmallwonder.com
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:47 PM   #67

SOmeone mentioned wondercam I do truely appologise for miss leading

I and I am sure got scrambled up with the topic

I appologise.

lets also say on a Note:

that this was and I might be repeating was a talk awhile ago that rite aid will be releasing a camcorder for 25.00 to go on vacation and bring to the stores

now i wonde small wonder if it outproforms in other areas. a great one for sure if that's the case
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:37 PM   #68

Yes, Rite-Aid, Ritz and some other places sell a one-time use camcorder that sells for $30. And this is based on the same technology created by Pure Digital technologies. Then you can take it to the drugstore and have them make you a DVD.
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:39 PM   #69

to keep with all the threads its hard

if this camcorder can be had and can be taken apart with ease then its a perfect starters for those advance users and I am sure they are.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:30 PM   #70

It's very odd that this smallwonder which was originally a disposable (Read recyclable) camera for $30, can outperform other hybrids for low light. They say there is no such thing as a free lunch, so I am wondering if it's at the expense of something else? It's almost as if it is has a CCD but this is unlikely given it's price but with no specs to work from on their website, who knows. On the other hand, if it had a CCD they would as likely brag about it.

Moorqueen, do you have some video samples you could post? Not just low light but in full daylight to compare?

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote