Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:24 PM   #1

Hello from Germany:?

i am so happy that i found this forum! I like it very much! It´s great! There´s nothing like this in Germany.

So i´m looking for a hybrid (never heard this word "hybrid" before in this context). You have to know that my father has already one since 1 year. It´s called: NeoSee XT16i. I think it´s maybe a clone of Digilife DDV-1000!? Here is the technical info about the cam:

-5,0 Mega Pixels CCD Sensor
-16,0 Mega Pixels Max. Snap
-2,5" LTPS Broad Viewer
-8x Digital Zoom
-32Mb Nand Flash Build-IN
-MP3 Musik Playback
-Movie Clip MPEG4 Record
-MPEG4 Record
-Video Record (like DVD quality)
-Movie Clip Zoom-In-Out
-USB 2,0 High Speed
-SD/MMC slot support
-IR Remote Controller
-Web Cam& Video-Out Support
-Li-On Battery Pack Rechargable

What do you think? Is it a clone?

Today there is no chance anymore to buy it in Germany. My father says this cam is the best on the market. Because the CCD Sensor is better than CMOS. Is this right?

At least i do not know what the best hybrid is. Maybe you can help me. waht do you think about this cams:

1. SVP-HDDV-2100 http://cgi.ebay.de/SVP-HDDV-2100-BLA...QQcmdZViewItem

2. Aiptek-Pocket-DV-Z100pro http://cgi.ebay.de/Aiptek-Pocket-DV-...QQcmdZViewItem

3. Aiptek-Pocket-DV8800 http://cgi.ebay.de/Aiptek-Pocket-DV8...QQcmdZViewItem

4. Aiptek-Pocket-DV8900 http://cgi.ebay.de/Aiptek-Pocket-DV8...QQcmdZViewItem

5. DigiLife-DDV-1000 http://cgi.ebay.com/DigiLife-DDV-100...QQcmdZViewItem

I know it is lot, but i do not really know what cam is the best. In Germany there is nobody you knows about it.
Maybe there will be a better cam in the next few month. Knows somebody about it?

Please help me!

Bye
jam11
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:30 AM   #2

Hello again!

There is nobody who can help me? I just wanna buy the best hybrid on the market until 200€. And also i wanna know if the CMOS-Sensor is better than the CCD-SENSOR.

Please help me.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:53 AM   #3

Jam11 welcome aboard. i

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Some of our members will be happyto reply give it time.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I do my best to steer you in the right direction

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1. look at the brief descriptions , and camera list

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the list is updated and as well as the brief descriptions

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"they do need updating again.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"what camera/camcorder is based on what you can afford and like

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"3 major brands we are all talking about are and were at one time is

Digilife (ispan), aiptek (svp), mustek(jazz)

there may be other names to these three brand companies

mustek 12m is one of hte best models around and will not drop in pricing

Aiptek also has the mpvr most popular to purchase in stores and come with a few issues that are delt with

digilife online Purchase that is more overseas products

all hybrids do not work in low light b/c they are a PC camcorder not a Home movie camcorder.

I hope this is a start for you to choose

look at the digilife ddv V1 M1

mustek 9300,12m

aiptek MPVR PDVr. creative labs (hanshing , svp models as well.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:11 AM   #4

hi fishycomics,

know i am a little bid confused:O

Are you using your hybrid only for the pc? I want to use the hybrid for making films of my family or holiday, just go out maybe to the zoo and making some films. Are the hybrids not godd for using in this situations? Low lights meens for example in the evening?

What about the sensor? which one is better --> CMOS or CCD?

Thank you for your examples of the hybrids, but what do you think about the DDV-1000?

You have to know that i know nothing about the hybrid, b/c in Germany there is no forum like this here. Of course you can buy the hybrids on ebay or on homeshopping (TV) but thats it!

Sorry for my english. I make a lot of mistakes. Do not look at them.

Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:13 AM   #5

Jam.......

excellent questions.

english or not you are doing great:-)

1ccd over cmos

http://www.dalsa.com/markets/ccd_vs_cmos.aspresearch here.

ccdtransfers each node into one file at one shot.

while cmostransfers each node seperatly one at a time.

jsut anexample

2. when I say pc camcorder or hybrid?

the hybrids are great they can take shots and clips to be shared worldwide friends, family internet.

home movie camcorder records a bigger file and is harder and you need to compress for this.

a sony panasonic etc camcorder are great optical zoom no fake chips all professional and are bigger

a hybrid can be smaller and compact, do multiple things not at once but like a cellphone today. which is easier to carry a hybrid fits in a tee shirt pocket , today a camcorder is able to fit in a pants pocket as well. but still quite expensive if lost or dropped.

kinda understand why i say pc vs pro now?

3. low light movies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhdTOhvpkQk

this is a low light stuation the hybrids do a great job under certain situations. but if no light no video.

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRfWHvjWq2I

here is a 14 minute video of a aquarium it is perfect to film like what you want to do. you cannot zoom in b/c you'll getblurred shots you are not forced to watch the whole thing but you can get an ideahow the camera works

I believe this shot was of the mustek dv4500 I love this model due to the fact it can record 3 full hours on 2aa batteries andcost around 75.00usc

hope i cleared up the questions somewhat.

Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:16 PM   #6

Thank you very much :idea:

Know i found something more of "DIGILIFE"!

You knows about this cam, where can i buy something like this?

http://www.digilifeglobal.com/DDV-6120A.htm

[img]file:///C:/DOKUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOKALE%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOKUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOKALE%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOKUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOKALE%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img]
[img]file:///C:/DOKUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOKALE%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/DOKUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOKALE%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/img]
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:43 PM   #7

Great find!

I gave up looking at the Digilife Global site, as it is so seldom updated, and they add four new models. Hopingall will make it to the Digilife USA site and maybe a US retailer sometime soon.

New models: DDV-5120A, DDV-6120A, DDV-C511, DDV-V2

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 9:16 AM   #8

Jam11

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"you found a winner there, this Hybrid looks awesome 3 inch screen and a higher Li-on battery avi format continous shot. I also noticed it is a widescreen format as well.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"finally something worth grabbing

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"where can you find htis

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"ebay or ubid even Amazon but again digilife is more of Tawain base and not of the USA base meaning we here not in Germany would have a harder time

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"if its new you may have to wait 6 moths for a release keep searching and you shall find

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"if SGspirit comes aboard he may update and find this for us. I at the time d not know where you win the members award for the month of AUGUST

:|:|:|:|:|
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:11 AM   #9

i like this hybrid! Its really nice!

So i can win a award maybe? Wow....i hope i win this new cam of Digilife :G:G:G

Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:39 PM   #10

yep you send me the camera I test it out and then give the okay to you?

:G