Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 3, 2006, 5:41 PM   #31

Novinski you bring Up excellent points. my PVR is stil wrappedup lol no kidding

the mPVr will flash3x as well.

I see your point when you wantto mute thespeakers its easier then lowering the volume by thejoystick quite alright a few secsofusing the joystick or plugging in thejack. I think you'll wear the jack outfaster

well that is al I can answer for now will soon open my PVR up or ummmm????
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:36 PM   #32

Ok, I've been looking at the aiptek's for a long time. I wanted to get something comparable with an hp m22 that I got for near 90 bucks, so I picked up the 5900 from circuit city for 59 bucks after rebate. Initial in car impression of pics, voice recording, and video were good! Then I took some in house shots and impression was bad, then I found the flash, impression of night shots = so-so. I have been playing with mp3's and darn if it keeps cutting off unexpectedly. Does anyone know the mp3 spec's? I was trying some 224 vbr's, about to try 128 cbr and see if that makes a difference. I may return this thing and head to BB for the PVR. My overall impression thus far is that the m22 is tons better for dark shots. I'll go read some more of the forums, but since this thread is so active, and the sale is this week only, just thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts to throw out. A couple months ago, I would've been thrilled @ the pvr capability, but now I have the newest version ofbeyond tv and a new dual core, I record programs left and right, remove commercials and compress to divx automatically. How does the pvr compare to the 5900 in terms of night shots, battery life, etc? Any thoughts appreciated

David (the other Jam..lol)
Jam292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:19 PM   #33

Novinski, I agree about the red eye reduction. They need an option to select normal flash as they do with the shutter sound. My impression with Aiptek products is that they seem to have the minimum amount of options they can get away with.

For general interest, this evening I did a couple of shots at dusk around 8pm and placed them on putfiles.com:

No Nightshot

Nighshot

Click on the thumbnails for the larger versions.

I also placed a video I did around the same time:

http://media.putfile.com/Clip-taken-around-8pm

By the way, has anyone else been unable to delete their own photos from putfiles website? I have a support ticket in the system but its still pending 3 weeks later. I don't expect support to jump to attention , but it still being unanswered is a bit off don't ya think? I have created a second support ticket chasing the first but I am not optimistic so I may just abandon this site.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:27 PM   #34

Hey again

I think the bitrate made the difference, I'm now at about 25 minutes of playing 128 cbr mp3 files with no mishaps. Sound is pretty damn good too. Now, back to the camera functions

David
Jam292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 6:33 AM   #35

better watch out Mod FISHY got one. If I got one what do youthink

return that dv5900 its a great camera but no swival I had placed a vid of it up in demo from ever missedshow Home Shopping Network I miss them

Soon I will open mine but if you need to Compare what the PVR does read up on the MPVr it is all the same BUT WAIT, WAIT,WAIT

RGVCAm is that the X-Files wow what a difference in Pics and as the VId you say that was taken the same time. I have:PI can not believe that at all.

we talked about the Aiptek IS-DV2 you begg to differ the camcorder was a dud?

that the nightmode was terrable ,I shown that it wors fine, but WOW

I love those shots

All Kidding aside If RGVCAM says the Aiptek PVR is a great choice I go for it in a heartbeat 99.99 at BB (bestbuy)

MP3 is not its best function the MP3 is a sterio playback but ahybrid Mono input, there is no treble,bass features there isatitle name and the converter allows you to drop down from 192 to 125k I am not a fanatic in MP3 but the hanshing, DXG 506 has seperate controls and features, and he Aiptek 8900 ismore catered to MP3

Aiptek yes makes it the least amount of controls possable but offer different models that have different features

if they do everything in One watch out big bucks.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 3:49 PM   #36

Don't know where to reply anymore when talking about the 8800?! How about locking some of these topics out, and merging a couple into one...!?!

As for the 8800's drawbacks, here's another one, which probablycan be fixed in new FW version. When connected to the PC you can use your remote for just one input.

I kid you not my friends, since I've set mine to go into menu mode (when USB is hooked up to either the PC or the printer), the 8800 will display a menu asking me which mode do I want to use (either Camera as in WebCameraor Disk). Now you can enter Disk mode fine since that only takes one remote key to be pressed, the OK key.

But if you want to enter the Camera mode (for which one needs to pres the down arrow key on the remote and then press enter) the 8800 will only accept the first entered key (which is the down arrow) and then it will 'lock up'. You can still enter the Camera mode, but you need to press the joystick on the camera itself since it won't respond to the remote keys that are being pressed anymore.

All that said I realize that I couldn't of gotten a perfect product for less than 200$ (you're kidding me saying it's only 99$ in the US, right?!? ), but it sure would be nice to see that Aiptek cared enough to make improvement by releasing new firmware (that would be mutually beneficial I think, for us and them as well)... Man I can't believe I didn't hussle someone to bring me one from the States if it was only 99$.
novinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 3:40 AM   #37

i'm thinking of getting the 8800 to use as a digital capture source while snowboarding. the input would be a bullet style camera. just wondering if anyone can speak for the quality of the recorded AV-in or could post a sample video.

i dont really care about the camcorder recorded functions so much (and the blockiness and audio sync issues), ill mainly be using an external camera and mic.

best buy's $99 sale ends tomorrow (sept 9), if someone could give some guidance before then that would be most appreciated. thanks in advance
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:01 PM   #38

Novinski first and foolio welcome second.

yes I kidd you not..........................

2. the topics will not be locked, all posts of the Aiptek mpvr dv6800 can be posted there its a 6 megapixalcamcorder ,correct?

All dv8800, PDVR,DVR, wil be posted here as i made this review,correct?

I made the review in a compare to the 6800 model excluding a good amount of info.

I do not mind at all, but If I merge topics I am afraid I may make a mistake and yep thereview goes in the middle lol. so leaving it alone

I wil Link them if you like?

================================================== ===========

Foolio (sorry if I misspelled the proname?

1 i will post a video clip up and make it a direct download at bestsharing I will password protect so it will not be on that site I will post the password up if I do it

I can tell you you will not notice any difference at all 640x480 resolution filmed off a set top box will be the same exact film as filming a recorded video from its lens source.

now this can realy bea goodsubject to talk about I did atest with a camera 3x optical, anda telescope through its av in and it works just fine its in here deep in the thread of the MPVr sorry i do not and have no time o go through 20 plus pages lol sorry. but i will try my best topost one up soon

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:16 PM   #39

1.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxhxl2mujTcPlease allow youtube to convet

1:15 pm may take 15 min's

2. bestshare may bebest to save and not open as it will not have codecs

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/ms0...P0008.ASF.html

no pass word just download

3. av in with a jvc camcorder 32x optical zoom if you se the view finder its the real optical zoom working you may turn off the icons

Youtube allow 15 min's to view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m6wUkLMVD4

bestsharing direct download

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/ms0...P0009.ASF.html