Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:02 PM   #11

The 920 is under the Ispan brand and the 1000 is under the Digilife brand ... its the same camera, designed by Life Technologies in Taiwan. It (they) hasa 5 MP CCD sensor which works a little better than a CMOS sensor (like in your 12M) in low light situations.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:15 AM   #12

:angry:

Sgspirit was refering to his cam as the "Digilife ddv920".

Did he mean ISspan 920 then ???

So the Ispan 920 is the same as Digilife 1000. Is there such a thing as a Digilife 1M? If so, is it the same as the Digilife 1000? According to my lousy memory, I remember reading that the Digilife 1000 has the ccd sensor and the 1M has the cmos sensor. (?)

Also, is there a newer model on the Digilife series that has as good a microphone. I guess I would purchase the Ispan920 / Digilife 1000. But I like to get the newest possible model if the mic is as sensitive.

Thanks.

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Yes, it seems the best we can hope for is that they have decent compressing microphones, which boost faint sounds and lower loud sounds.

I haven't compared the hybrids I've had as to how much internal noise they pick up. Some record loud noises whenever your hand or fingers move against the case, while others don't record these sounds. My Aiptek DV4500 loved recording the slightest touch of the case or controls. The Digilife DDV-920 and Samsung i6 are pretty good in this regard. With the 920 recording loud sounds without distortion, it comes out on top.
gadgetbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:54 AM   #13

Digilife/Ispan/1000/920, all the same camera. I belive the 1M or whatever it is, is the DDV-910. Same thing but with a cmos sensor. Should be a good camera also. Digilife/Ispan's long-promised models to replace the 910/920 are STILL not on the market. Supposed to be out in May.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:04 AM   #14

Oh. So the Is920 / Digi1000 are top of the line then.

Am searching around to buy the Ispan 920 but couldnt find any. I think am prefering the Ispan over the Digilife 1000 because i think the Ispan is the one with the pretty blue color.

Since I couldnt find the Ispan, I guess I would get the Digilife then. I see several on Ebay for $200 plus shipping.

But then I saw this one auction for the Digilife 16mp. Would this be the same as the Digilife ddv1000 or better? And most importantly, does it have a sensitive microphone like the ddv1000?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Digilife-16M...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:23 AM   #15

sorry I cannot post a sample in the voice for the ispan 920 it was a dud the camera forsure the seller has faded out sellingthe model and some oneelse picked up selling them as well

I becareful on Purchasing an Ispanmay seem to be better . but hope its glitchs are gone

no warranty card in box and no brick store to returm if yu get stuck its between you andthe seller who eats the shipping thats would be someone like the buyer?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:07 AM   #16

Just do a search on eBay for "Digilife". There are at least two sellers with the DDV-1000, which is the 920. I suspect the DDV-XT16i is also the same camera. The specs are just slightly different. I'm not sure why they came up with another name if it is indeed the same, but it looks like it.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 4:33 PM   #17

Thanks everyone for the feedbacks.

:GHaha. Jus went out and bought a shiny red Digilife 1000 today. Let me charge it and see how it goes.

I also got to see a display sample of the new model coming out. Looks real sleek and slim. Guess I'll play with my 1000 and upgrade to the new model when it comes out next month :} (That is if the new model will also have a sensitive microphone )

Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:56 PM   #18

should have grabbed and hopped away with the new one hope you like it let us know?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote