Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:22 AM   #1

I need some help in buying a hybrid camcorder.

I have however come across the Sanyo Xanti range and I am thinking of buying either the c6 or hd1. Which one is better from experience?

From reviews I have read the hd1 video quality is poor and has very poor image stabilastion which i think is the same for the c6. However it states there are 2 modes of image stabilsation and using the second mode is more effective while recording video. Is that true?

The features I am looking for are:

• Good quality digital video and audio [/*]
  • Good quality digital images at high resolotion[/*]
  • Different effects for image and video[/*]
  • High optical zoom(telephoto lenses)[/*]
  • Digital zoom[/*]
  • ISO Speeds[/*]
  • Easy transfer from device to pc, video etc[/*]
  • Docking station[/*]
  • Macro/super macro or both[/*]
  • Different video and image modes, eg.portrait, night mode etc[/*]
  • Good image stabilsation(anti shake)[/*]
  • Good flash[/*]
  • Must be suitable for taking images in low light/dark light situations(min 0 lux illumination) as compared to most minidv camcorders[/*]
  • Must be pocket size or compact
    [/*]
So is the sanyo xanti hd1 the only model with the above features or are there others that fit the description of the features i have mentioned?

also could someone that owns the c6 or hd1, throw some light on image stabilisaton and night time video and images with low light as well as no light?

does audio clipping occur on both models if sound goes above a certain level?

is there any firmware to prevent this? :idea:

vampiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:57 AM   #2

Welcome Vampiro

your questions are better to be answered in the Sanyo topic, but are welcomed here as well.

We're more of a multi functional hybrid with 4-7 features in one

as time goes on there will be updated hybrids with optical and other features to stand up to the sanyo, panasonic, toshiba, and sony opticals zoom and price range .

If some members do find theirwat here to answer it may be time that said welcome in here.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:01 AM   #3

I think image stabilazation is over-rated anyway and unless your hand is really shaky I think holding the camera steady is a pretty easy thing to do.
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:49 AM   #4

I think image stabilisation works better with the heavier the cameras which is why it doesn't work as well with these devices as they are simply too small and light. I noticed on my JVC SVHS camera it seemed to be quite effective and you have to remember that image stabilisation is just really for counteracting the unsteadiness of your hand and is not really for the more pronounced movement associated with walking etc. Larger heavier devices need more intertia so movements are not as jerky to start which meansthe image stabiliser has less work to do.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:16 PM   #5

what i would like to know is that is the sanyo hd1 model the most advanced pocket size hybrid digicam/camcorder available at present with loads of features. As these are the features i am looking for in a pocket size camcorder, if there is anything better than the hd1, then please let me know.
  • digital video and audio [/*]
  • digital images at high resolotion[/*]
  • Different effects for image and video[/*]
  • High optical zoom(telephoto lenses)[/*]
  • Digital zoom[/*]
  • ISO Speeds[/*]
  • Easy transfer from device to pc, video etc[/*]
  • Docking station[/*]
  • Macro/super macro or both[/*]
  • Different video and image modes, eg.portrait, night mode etc[/*]
  • Good image stabilsation(anti shake)[/*]
  • Good flash[/*]
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:02 AM   #6

which is better?
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:38 AM   #7

I have seen reviews that say this as well yet I have seen some video from the HD1 and it looked pretty good to me, and quite a few praising it. As Fishycomics said, you may want to post in the Sanyo forum for more experienced opinions but here are some video clips that should help you.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_...1_samples.html

http://www.bophoto.com/HDV/video/index.html

This download is huge but worth it as it has some particularly stunning footage!
http://files.filefront.com/HD1Footag.../fileinfo.html

The camera is being replaced by the HD1a from what I understand and you may want to be wary about the HD1 because they had a few quality control issues with black screens at one point though they may have fixed that. Again I would ask in the Sanyo forum for more details on these cameras.

I would forget digital zoom as it is not worth using, always go for optical zoom if available.

Considering what you list, especially with the low light capabilities I think you would be better going for a miniDV. The low light capabilities are not hot on these either but the Sanyo HD1 is within the price range of the more capable miniDV camcorders.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:56 AM   #8

those M&M's are a repeated picture i should say the same :Gget to a true and real person rather a repeated picture I preferre something Natural over the same.

as for a vid footage the first two clips again may be to professional. and to good to betrue.

never offending anyone

I have seen a footage overseas andthey zoomed in on a tree, and a bicycle coming down a block

I say PASS> next camera

propper posting will get you final results I do appologise for that i am not a owner of a 600.00 plus machine but I think I can save just a lil more up for a sony hd or jvc hd even that panasonic hd quality camcorder and be satasifed with extra zoom, and features.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 6:11 AM   #9

Vampiro,

I owned the C5 before and was satisfied with the daylight video quality. It was little better than what the Casio EX-S770 is offering now.
The C6 has improved video quality, especially with low-light conditions. I downloaded many movie samples.

The HD1A looks very intersting to me but I wouldn't consider nor use it for real HD recording. The movie quality is not good enough in my opinion for HDTV, mainly because of thediagonal jaggies. But nevertheless, when you downscale the recordings to DVD level, you get awesome videos from the HD1A. You can check out many samples on http://hd1a.com

The only thing I would check is, whether it fits easily in your pocket. The C6 is little thinner and about 40% lighter. (C6 150g, HD1A 210g I think)
puper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 3:59 AM   #10

I ordered the Xacti C6 now.

Indeed I was much more intersted in the HD1A, but it still has too many bugs and needs some fixes. Furthermore it costs more than twice as much and has a worse low-light performance.
I'm going to wait for the next Sanyo HD models and maybe buy one in about two years, after I bought a HDTV and all my friends have fast internet so that I can share the HD videos with someone except myself. ;-)
puper78 is offline   Reply With Quote