Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Mobile Devices (Tablets, Smart Phones) > IOS (Apple iPad, iPhone)

Old Sep 19, 2013, 9:35 AM   #11

Oh yeah . . . don't get me wrong. I'd like an iPhone . . . but if its a choice between getting something for free (and it being usable) vs. having to pay for it . . . let's just say I'm a cheapskate!

When I don't get a free phone from work anymore . . . that would be different.
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:31 PM   #12

i dont like the iPhone 5C's case would cover the beautiful Apple logo on the back. What a big design flaw!!!
hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:10 AM   #13

My phone is still working, the battery isn't so bad for the past week, so perhaps the phone company was pushing out some updates that were using up my battery power or something. I'm still on the fence as far as a new phone. I'm on my own when it comes to phones, just don't know if I want to spend that much on one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticdesigns View Post
Snapseed . . . the name sounds familiar . . .
Snapseed is available for the iPhone (or at least I saw listings for it on Google). It's the program for photo manipulation that was developed by Nik Software. At one time it was considered the best of the droid photo apps. I'm pretty sure it was the main reason Google bought Nik, but I could be wrong about that.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodges View Post
i dont like the iPhone 5C's case would cover the beautiful Apple logo on the back. What a big design flaw!!!
LOL. That reminds me of when they used to put the Apple logo on the top of the laptops upside down. I'd walk into a room with people with their Candy iBooks open and all the logos would be upside down. It wasn't until around the time of the white iBook G3 that Apple flipped the logo around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
. . . just don't know if I want to spend that much on one.
I guess us camera junkies are in a different boat when it comes to cell phones. We don't necessarily "need" a good camera in our phone . . . <grin>

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Snapseed . . .
I checked out Snapseed. Funny thing is . . . as soon as I read Nik, I recognized the name Nik. I downloaded Snapseed to my daughter's phone. It looks pretty cool!
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 9:44 PM   #16

Good Evening. Curious if anyone has upgraded to IOS-7, and if so, have you had any problems since upgrading? My wife, son, and daughter in law all have the iPhone 4 and I have the iPhone 5 & the iPad 4 (the one with the lightening charger). Would appreciate any thoughts you might have relating to upgrading. Thanks.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Good Evening. Curious if anyone has upgraded to IOS-7, and if so, have you had any problems since upgrading? My wife, son, and daughter in law all have the iPhone 4 and I have the iPhone 5 & the iPad 4 (the one with the lightening charger). Would appreciate any thoughts you might have relating to upgrading. Thanks.
In our family, we've upgraded two iPhone 4s and one iPhone 5 to iOS 7. No problems with the upgrade process but it is prudent to connect the phone to a computer beforehand and let it do a backup.

iOS 7 is rather different. I like most of the changes they've made (not Calendar). Others are not so fond. I've found that the camera on my iPhone 5 will now take multiple shots if I hold down the button. Kinda cool. The new Events view in the Photos app is interesting. You can browse the Apple web site to see what it will look like after the upgrade and decide if you want to do it.

Craig
PvrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 7:17 AM   #18

PvrFan: Thanks for the information. I'll probably do the upgrade today.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:29 AM   #19

Detailed review of the iPhone 5s camera from a pro photographer:

http://www.takebetterphotos.com.au/i...ra-review.html

Craig
PvrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:39 PM   #20

I updated my iPad over the weekend, still getting used to the new look. I haven't figured out the new stuff yet, haven't really gone looking for it either.

Thanks for the link to the camera review. I'm going to have to really think about whether I want the latest and greatest or to buy an older (and cheaper) iPhone. Since my droid phone is still working, I'm in no real rush.