Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Mobile Devices (Tablets, Smart Phones) > IOS (Apple iPad, iPhone)

Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:03 PM   #1

Default Ipad portfolios

Does anyone show their work on an iPad?

I have decided to not carry around a big heavy expensive printed portfolio anymore and show all of my work on an iPad.

Looking for the best way to show my presentation and I have decided to purchase an app called foliobook.

I'm not sure I have an opinion on it yet except for it's not easy to set it up the way I'm trying to.

During the initial title setup there's 2 areas that appear as rectangles one of them you can add your name with the provided fonts but the second rectangle requires a transparent PNG file as far as I can tell. There's not very good directions on this part of the setup provided from foliobook.

Has anyone successfully done this? If so can you give some hints or explain how you completed this part of your setup?

Im trying to put a business (PNG) name in one of the rectangles and a "photography by" in the second rectangle,

Im not very experienced on creating the graphics part if that is required in photoshop, but it sounds like that may be something that is required.

Thanks for any advice.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:23 AM   #2

Haven't yet but I'm starting to put my photos on my iPad and iPhone. Plan on two different folders to start with one for family shots and one folder for my better work.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:38 AM   #3

Somewhat related...I find we're using online (aka 'cloud') services for different things. Flickr for stuff I want to share with a bigger group--like my daughter's horseback riding pictures shared with friends and extended family. Dropbox for small groups. For example, my wife went to visit our niece and her new baby; along with her sister (grandma) and sister-in-law. They pooled their pictures on Dropbox so everybody could pick their favs.

I really need to look into iCloud. I think the slide shows look better than the new Flicker. (I hate the Ken Burns effect on Flickr and can't find how to turn it off!)

Craig
PvrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:38 PM   #4

The cloud/Internet works great when you can get it. I also have a online account I use to share photos, but when you don't have Internet access thats when you need a portfolio on your tablet. Especially if the person your showing your portfolio is a prospective client.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:34 AM   #5
NHL

I also use the Foliobook app, but have not added any custom PNG
I thought adding the video background was tough.

Just wished Foliobook allow more audio options than just one songs per library though