Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Kodak (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/)
-   -   Consumer Review of the Kodak Z-980 (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/kodak-24/consumer-review-kodak-z-980-a-158736/)

mtclimber Aug 21, 2009 5:12 PM

Consumer Review of the Kodak Z-980

1 Attachment(s)
Folks-

Initially, there was a lot of interest in the new Kodak Z-980 camera. like the Pentax X-70, the Nikon P-90, the Kodak Z-980 camera is a 24X Optical Zoom camera, that unlike it competitors, actually has a hot shoe that accepts the Kodak P-20 External Flash making it a must more useful camera.

I purchased the camera and I have honestly been very impressed with the Kodak Z-980 camera and its image quality. No, let's be honest, it is not a DSLR replacement. It is another, but a very good super zoom camera.

I have attached a photo sample for you taken in Arizona's Monument Valley. Yes there they are those beautiful Kodak Colors.

Let's begin a little question and answer section here within this thread. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer any question promptly.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber Aug 21, 2009 5:14 PM

Kodak Z-980 Photo Sample

1 Attachment(s)
Folks-

Here is another Z-980 photo. This is of my husband. I like the photo a lot.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber Aug 21, 2009 5:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another Kodak Z-980 photo sample. This is a great Oregon Coast photo from the area we live in every day.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber Aug 21, 2009 5:25 PM

Kodak Z-980 Photo Sample

1 Attachment(s)
OK, just one more Z-980 photo sample. This one is of the Grand Canyon. Notice those Kodak colors.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber Aug 21, 2009 5:43 PM

Folks-

Please keep in mind that there is also a great website: www.z980fan.com. That is a website devoted especially to the really excellent Kodak Z-980 camera.

Sarah Joyce

gjtoth Aug 21, 2009 8:59 PM

Does it have lens threads to accept filters?

mtclimber Aug 21, 2009 9:29 PM

Hi Gary-

I am very sorry to say that the Kodak Z-980 camera, does not have filter threads. I personally think that was HUGE mistake. But that is the fact.

Sarah Joyce

jcotton55 Aug 22, 2009 2:10 AM

When you zoom your Z980 Sarah is it noisy ? The one I tried out at the store was
and seem to have focus problems when zooming.

Thanks for any info.

James

gjtoth Aug 22, 2009 7:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcotton55 (Post 993982)
When you zoom your Z980 Sarah is it noisy ? The one I tried out at the store was
and seem to have focus problems when zooming.

Thanks for any info.

James

I found that to be true of the one I tried as well. My P-90 was the same and had a curious rattle coming from the lens barrel.

mtclimber Aug 22, 2009 11:39 AM

Good Morning James and Gary-

I just ran the Z-980 through its entire zoom range twice and I must say that it is no more noisy than any of the other super zoom cameras fro Nikon, Canon, Kodak, Panasonic, and Olympus, all of which I own.

Have a wonderful weekend. I hope that you are enjoying better weather. We are shrouded in dense fog along the Oregon Coast.

Sarah Joyce